Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: SX (Essex) 75 J-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lokire, Jan 29, 2006.

1. I bought this bass new from Rondomusic not too long ago. Got one of the last 3 :)

Well, now I'm realizing that I really don't need this bass. Between my Ken Lawrence and Warwick, it just doesn't get played as much as it should. It's in nearly brand new condition. A couple marks underneath where the bride cover goes. Covered up completely with the cover on though, and not really noticeable anyways. And some small impressions in the finish on the fingerboard, which don't affect the feel at all.

It plays decent right now. fairly low action, but with some buzz if you play a bit harder. A few of the frets (mainly around 7, 11, and 12 I think) are a bit high and could use a leveling. It sounds great!!! Solid Jazz bass tone from this one. Here's a soundclip I did, both pickups on full, straight through a DI (with the stock strings too):

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/users/loki/Linda Demo.mp3

And here's some pictures. Really nice looking finish and straight grain (Ash body) on this one:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v106/JasonFan/SX Jazz/

I'd like to get $160 plus shipping (SOLD). And that includes a Hard Shell case that I'm going to order from Rondomusic in the next couple days to ship it in. No trades on this one, thanks. :)

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Slightly confused: Wasn't this up on here a week or two ago? Its like deja vu with the pictures...

3. Someone else was selling the same model SX. I posted my pictures in his thread to give people an idea of what it looked like because he didn't have any pics up. ;)

4. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Geez, I'd jump on this if I didn't just buy a SX P-bass....

good luck though.

5. Ok, guys. The case was ordered last night. Should be here later this week. ;)

6. nice demo tune..reminds me of a "folkier" alice in chains..

7. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'd jump on this as well, but I'm waiting for the SX Stingray...

Man, thats a beautiful bass though...

8. D'oh!!! Well, I'm waiting for the Stingray too...but I've given up on keeping cash aside for it. That's what credit cards are for, right? :p

;)

9. ...and SOLD. To the new guy in town.

Welcome to Talkbass :)

10. kirin

kirin

Jan 11, 2006
    Atlanta, GA