1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: SX Jazz Bass, Ursa 2, Alder, Natural

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dickie, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    2 month old SX Jazz Bass, this is the Ursa 2, alder body, maple neck. I bought this as a beater bass and it is great for that, I really can't believe that they can produce a bass this nice for so cheap! I recently found a nice Korean made Squire Jazz that fills my need for a beater so I don't really need this anymore (honestly, it makes the wife happy to see 1 bass leave when 1 is delivered, otherwise she starts to get upset....women huh?).
    Full info on this model here: http://www.rondomusic.com/ursa2alderna.html

So why buy mine instead of a new one from Rondo? Well 5 reasons:

1: This is a good one, wood is a decent match and the frets are nice and they don't have any sharp ends
    2: I did a great set up and intonation on it (out of the box these are set up pretty bad, I have been setting up basses for 20 years so I know how to get the lowest action possible out of a bass).
    3: I installed a fresh set of DR Bootzilla strings 45-105 (the stock strings are really, really bad)
    4: I replaced the bridge height adjustment screws with shorter Allen screws, this means no annoying bolts sticking out of the top of the saddle to scratch you like the stock ones, this alone is a great value)
    5: This bass is literally brand new and is CHEAPER than new, they charge $139+ $25 or so for shipping.

I will sell for $150 shipped to lower 48 only. Will trade+cash for a P bass of some sort Mexican? HWY 1? Squire?
    2012-06-14_17-01-48_512.
    2012-06-14_17-01-55_391.

2. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    Traded locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.