1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: SX Limited Edition Explorer Guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Lokire, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeing if there's any interest in this guitar...

It's an SX (bought new from Rondomusic a few years ago) Limited Edition Explorer guitar. Transparent wine red finish with Mahogany Body and neck. Gorgeous coloring in the right lighting - and nice looking grain on the mahogany. I talked to Kurt a while ago about it and he told me that these guitars were a limited run of about 50 pieces, so there aren't many out there.

Massive tone, as you would expect from a big bodied mahogany guitar like this. Playability is good, though it could probably use a real setup and some new strings.

Condition: A few things to note. There's a small ding on the edge of the upper wing, towards the end. A few small cracks in the finish here and there (nothing bad). And then by the nut there's a bunch of little cracks in the finish - it doesn't seem to affect anything at this point, just something worth pointing out. I'll take pictures of these tommorrow for anyone who's interested. Also, the pickup selector switch snapped off - though there's just enough of a stub left to switch it either with your fingers or a pick.

EssexLimitedEditionEXP.

Down to $250 shipped, which would include a hard shell case that I would buy for it. :bassist:

2. ...Anyone?

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If only I didn't buy one of their Agile LP copies back in November.

4. Still available

5. Down to $250 Shipped. Probably as low as I'll go on it. Anyone? :bassist:

6. Any other pictures available, ie. headstock and back of body???

Thanks,
    -Ryan.

7. I posted links to some good pictures of the back, here they are:

7c173f44.

6c050c44.

dab82778.

Don't think I have any photos of the headstock. I can take some tommorrow if you're interested. It's a pretty standard Gibson style explorer headstock shape. Black face with the SX logo.

8. Actually, I found this one (where you can see the headstock):

DSCF00433.

If you want a better picture, let me know and I can take one.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    you are killing me.... if you keep it up my wife will kill me ;)

10. It's calling your name James....just think of the look on people's faces when you tell them how cheap you got such a beautiful guitar for :smug:

11. untitled23.

Sorry, I had to do it :bag:

12. :bag:

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Gahh...... maybe.... I've got some cabs for sale, if they move fast enough I'll be in touch :bassist:

don't wait on me though, but if the timing is right.... :help:

14. jbs

jbs

Jan 30, 2006
    Richmond, MI
    still available?

15. I think it is. James had someone who was interested, but I haven't heard back from him yet...

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    James was/is interested but the Boss Lady gave him that funny look... His buddy was interested too, but the dude's Boss Lady actually threatened violence :bag:

:bawl:

17. SOLD - Pending Payment :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.