Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/T: Ampeg B2R in Boston

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by TheChariot, Feb 13, 2006.

1. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Hiydey ho!

I've got 2 heads and no cabs. Need I say more?

I'm selling my '02 B2R in favor of my old fart '71 V4B. I don't plan to ship this sucker out... so I'm hoping to find a buyer in the greater Boston area.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the specs.
    350Watts @ 4ohms
    200Watts @ 8ohms
    All Solidstate
    approx 15lbs unpackaged

I'm looking for $250, and I'll go no lower. The funds will barely be retained by me... and will end up going almost directly to Dave at Avatar for one of his splendid cabinets:smug:

I'd be interested in hearing trades for 1x12 or 2x10 cabinets of any sort, and am willing to make up the difference with a little cash.

This head is in excellent condition, minus some minor rack rash. I used it as a head for about 8 months, until it got downgraded to a preamp only for my pre-power rig. It served well as a makeshift preamp, till I moved away from my band. Since then, the B2R has been hanging out in its box, waiting for an owner.

I have two old pictures of it back when it was in the pre-power rig.

(It's so sad to see a 900Watt stack, and think I now have a 100Watt tube head with no cabs. Someone help me!)

Thanks a bunch,
    Evan

2. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    PM sent