Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/T: DeArmond Pilot Deluxe 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MacheteJames, Oct 22, 2004.

1. This is a great bass for someone looking for either a backup 5 string, or looking for their first 5. The only reason I'm selling it is because I don't need two 5 strings. This one plays really nice, low action w/ P-bass string spacing. It's a neck through w/ a multi-laminate neck, ash body, Gotoh-designed bridge, and 2 humbuckers. It sounds kind of like an Active Fender Jazz bass to my ears. I'm looking to get $250 for it, but make me an offer. These went for about $500 new. It comes with a gig bag that I purchased at Guitar Center a while back.
    I'm also willing to trade it for any decent fretless bass. Throw something out there. I have just one pic of the DeArmond, it's definitely not the greatest, but it's the only one I have at the moment. It's an "action" shot.

2. Bump for a great bass

I've got the 4-string version and can definatly say it's best bass I've ever played in that price range. Very pretty too - here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

3. Thanx for the bump man... yours is real nice!

4. Bump again... $200 takes it... or, like I said, any decent fretless bass.

5. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I would be interested. Still for sale?

6. I am gonna keep it most likely... I had a local deal that fell through, so I'm gonna just defret it I think and keep it. Thanx for the interest though..

7. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Hey, just found this ad... Definitely no plans to sell it? I've got a dlx five already but I've been hankering after another one to defret for a while... Haven't managed to find a bass that comfortable yet...