1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/T: DeArmond Pilot Deluxe 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MacheteJames, Oct 22, 2004.

1. This is a great bass for someone looking for either a backup 5 string, or looking for their first 5. The only reason I'm selling it is because I don't need two 5 strings. This one plays really nice, low action w/ P-bass string spacing. It's a neck through w/ a multi-laminate neck, ash body, Gotoh-designed bridge, and 2 humbuckers. It sounds kind of like an Active Fender Jazz bass to my ears. I'm looking to get $250 for it, but make me an offer. These went for about $500 new. It comes with a gig bag that I purchased at Guitar Center a while back.
    I'm also willing to trade it for any decent fretless bass. Throw something out there. I have just one pic of the DeArmond, it's definitely not the greatest, but it's the only one I have at the moment. It's an "action" shot.

2. Bump for a great bass

I've got the 4-string version and can definatly say it's best bass I've ever played in that price range. Very pretty too - here's a pic of mine:

DeArmondPilotDeluxe.

3. Thanx for the bump man... yours is real nice!

4. Bump again... $200 takes it... or, like I said, any decent fretless bass.

5. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I would be interested. Still for sale?

6. I am gonna keep it most likely... I had a local deal that fell through, so I'm gonna just defret it I think and keep it. Thanx for the interest though..

7. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Hey, just found this ad... Definitely no plans to sell it? I've got a dlx five already but I've been hankering after another one to defret for a while... Haven't managed to find a bass that comfortable yet...