1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/T: Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eublet, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Update: I've also decided to put my DJ5 up for sale here. I'll likely sell only one of these and then yank the other thread. I just can't decide if I want to keep the 4 or 5 string, so I'll place it in fate's hands.

For Sale or Trade is my DJ4. I have two DJ's, so this one is a bit redundant. It is an awesome playing bass, and is a bit more warm sounding than my other DJ which is slightly more open. Not really sure why. There isn't a ding or scratch on this bass that I can find anywhere. It plays great. This bass has been Plek'ed, and has seen a lot of gigs. I very seldom play bars, so this has been in a smoke free environment mostly. No smell on this bass whatsover. :D

I am the first owner. Bass was made in 2008, and is a light 8.5 lbs. I bought it from Beaver at Bass Central almost 2 years ago. No case with this one, but I have the original Lakland double-boxed packing materials, so it will ship safely to you.

Totally passive with Lakland's great sounding single coils. The tone character is somewhere between a 60's and 70's Fender, meaning thick but with a bit of grind on top. Top end is nice but not overly glassy. She's great to play.

These are no longer being made, so grab it while you can.

Price: $1050 shipped in the ConUS.
    Trades: Lakland 55-02 or 44-02 ONLY please. Not interested in anything else. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Two more pics.

Attached Files:

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dammit! You sure nothing else will float your boat? I have a modified JO5 I'm looking to trade for either a DJ4 or JO4. This ain't gonna last long though!

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    No thanks. I have a DJ5 already that I'm quite happy with. I miss not having a 55 series bass for when I need an active setup. Thanks for looking though. You're welcome to buy this and sell your JO5. I'd think it would sell quickly also! :D

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just so you know, the JO5 is active (Audere+Nordie Split Coils). I'm hoping my bass sells quick! I'd love to have this baby. I just don't have the cash yet! :crying:

6. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Thanks, but I really want a 55-02. I miss the versatility of the pickup configuration combined with the noiseless operation. I thought about putting an Audere in one of my two DJ's (I've had several Audere-equipped basses in the past...they're great!), but didn't want to fool with perfection. I'll miss the DJ4, just because it's so much fun to play a 4 string, but the DJ5 covers that ground and a bit more. I need that throaty grunt and mid-complexity of the 55-02 for a few things. Did I say need? I meant want! These DJ's are the bees knees.

7. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    bumpage

8. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    I have few regrets---trading my DJ4 Skyline was one was them. BAD BAD BAD trade decision on my part. I wish I had the funds for this now. I can't believe this is not gone yet.

9. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Don't tell me that! :bawl: The frugal part of me is what's telling me to sell this bass. Every bone in my body wants to keep it. I just don't need to go buy a 55-02 without selling something. This DJ4 is my go to bass really, and the DJ5 is it's backup that I only use when I know I need that lower access. Most of the gigs I play now require a 5 string, so I'm keeping the DJ5 and selling this one. I really debated on letting the DJ5 go in order to pickup a 55-02. I woke up this morning thinking I had posted the wrong bass for sale. Even now, I'm thinking about yanking this. When the DJ4 is gone, I won't have a 4 string at all. Playing a 4 string is like riding a bike as a kid. No fancy gears or hand brakes. You just jump on it and take off down a hill at full speed. What am I doing? :help:

10. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Well, my unrest as detailed above has lead me to also post my DJ5 for sale here. We'll see which one sells first, and that will be that.

11. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Now considering trades for a 44-02 as well as a 55-02. Thanks!

12. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    By the way, clips of these two DJ's can be heard at www.romanstreet.com. There's a music player at the bottom of the page. There are two songs from the latest album "Shorelines", which feature me playing these DJ's.

13. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Sorry for the multiple posts this afternoon, but wanted to add that you can also check out more clips of this bass by looking up the album "Shorelines" by Roman Street on iTunes. Every single song features one of these two basses in the barely capable hands of yours truly. :D

14. Woah...could I have an autograph? My uncle and I are in love with you guys, I went with him to a show of yours somewhere in 'Bama. Is this the same Lakland? That thing has amazing tone. Sorry for the derail. Guys jump on this thing it's hot and so smooth.

15. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Cool! Hard to say if this was the one or not as I've had a few over the years. How long ago was it and where did you see us? Was it a big or small show?

16. You've got a PM

17. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    All PM's replied. Might be working a trade for this one.

18. It was same color combo. I saw you guys in Mobile, pretty big show, great guitar players you got there, good at letting the bass cut through but still leading.

19. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    That was probably it then. I totally forgot, but I've got some video of this bass also. It might have been this show here that you saw us: http://vimeo.com/9987067

These are the only two white basses I've owned. Thanks for the kind words!

20. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I've worked out a trade for a 44-02, so this one is gone. The DJ5 is still up for grabs.