1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/T: Radial JDI - Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Eublet, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    For sale is a mint condition Radial JDI, with original box, manual, and stickers. I am the second owner, and it just hasn't been used much at all. This is the best passive DI you can buy, period! I have a Radial J48 and just seldom use the JDI.

$150 via Paypal includes shipping to the ConUS. Anywhere else, please PM me for discussion.

Trades: I'm willing to workout a trade for a Sansamp Deluxe or Programmable DI. Not considering anything else, please!

If anyone wants a picture, please let me know. But it really is mint, and looks just like all the pictures here: http://www.radialeng.com/di-jdi.htm

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I decided to accept a couple of trades and have edited the original post to reflect that. Thanks!

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Does anyone want the world's greatest passive DI or not? :D

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Still available for now.

5. How would you compare this DI to a Tube DI like and Aguilar DB900?

6. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I've not used that particular model, so I can't say. I have used and compared the JDI to the Avalon 737sp, as well as several Art preamps with tubes. Unfortunately, those tube preamps are as different from each other as the are from the Radial. The JDI is clean, clean, clean with bass guitar use. You absolutely can not distort or overdrive it at all. I have used it with keyboards and it will saturate a bit with them if the output player turns up the volume too high, but even then it's not distortion. Just gets warm and stays pleasant. That's the nature of the transformer in it.

The JDI is very warm sounding with bass guitar, but it is very flat also. Pure and natural tone without coloration. That's JDI's goal with all their DI's, and they accomplish it.

For active bassists, the JDI is where it's at. If you're a passive player, you probably want to look elsewhere for a J48. I've used the JDI often with passive basses, but it's not the best all-in-one solution for passive instruments.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020