1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/T: T-Rex Comp-Nova compressor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bongomania, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    FS/T a T-Rex Comp Nova, a very sweet tone pedal. Check out my review linked in my sig. If you were considering getting a Keeley, an Analogman, or any other Ross clone, the T-Rex does the "singing highs and sustain" thing just as well, with none of the loss of low end. I would keep it, I like it that well, but I need to fund other compressors for review. My only big criticism of the Comp-Nova is that it doesn't do much peak limiting. But the tonal qualities are very nice.

It's in very good condition, works perfectly, only very minor cosmetic signs of use; it comes with the original box and papers. I'll post a pic later if you need one. $120 shipped in the US by Priority mail with a tracking number. I'll happily ship anywhere in the world, just let me know where you are so I can quote a price. I'll take Paypal or whatever other payment.

As far as trades, I'm looking for any compressor I haven't reviewed yet. I also want to re-review a few that I did write up a while ago- the Carl Martin, the Demeter, and the EHX Black Finger. And I'm interested in trying out a Zoom B2/B2.1u, a POD XT or XT Live, or maybe some other multi that also contains compressors.

Thanks!

<<SOLD>>

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I have the Zoom B2 though I don't use it very much. Basically just as a tuner. Interested in a partial trade?

And pics?

3. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    no spare compressors lying around?

4. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Sure! Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one missing rubber foot, and some tenacious stickum on the bottom (I'm guessing from velcro) are pretty much the only negative marks anywhere on it.

[​IMG]

PM on the way about a trade.

5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    You asking me or him? I've got a few. ;)

6. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    you ofcourse, =p. letting anything else go? lol. (like that ebs you got earlier this week?) haha, im switching my optostomp to my acoustic pedal board, and m looking for something to fit my bass pedalboard

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    I might be flipping that EBS again after I've had some time to really obsessively A/B it with the CP9Pro+. So maybe two weeks? Although I may decide I need to keep it as a reference for other reviews.

I'm also flipping a Blackbox Oxygen, but you don't want it. :) And I'm debating whether to sell my 160XT (intending to get a 160X and have some upgrades done to it). Hmm... maybe I'd let go of the Alesis Micro Limiter... but it's a useful reference. Nothing quite suited to a pedalboard ATM. Stay tuned. :)

8. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    let me know bout the ebs =p cheers bro!

9. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    SOLD!