1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/T Thumb BO 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mangas, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Mangas

Mangas

Jul 27, 2008
    Missouri
    I've got a beautiful Thumb BO 5 in excellent condition. $950 plus shipping. Also have a Warwick flight case available for alittle extra. Would also consider trades for other Warwicks,LTD models. The flash washed out the color in the photos. The bass is acually deep red as seen in the pics of the backside.
    Located in SW Missouri. Welcome to check it out in person and could possibly meet somewhere if within a reasonable driving distance.

Attached Files:

• thb2.JPG
      thb2.JPG
      File size:
      15.1 KB
      Views:
    • th5.JPG
      th5.JPG
      File size:
      11.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Nice!

3. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    pm sent

4. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    fair price, free bump

5. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    pm sent

6. I was listening to some cuts of a guy playing a Warwick Thumb 5 last night and the sound was just amazing. The skanky growl on these is just off the chart. Absolutely loved the sound.

As far as Warwicks I am inexperienced. I just know that every one I ever pick up at a Guitar Center seems to really need some work. But then I hear someone slamming on one and...lookout!

I know there are some threads here on TB about this, but in your opinion, what is the difference in tone between your bolt-on and any Thumb neck thrus that you have played?

Thanks.

7. hmm...i really love the tone on these, but idk if i want to get another warwick. really gassin on a ebmm hs right now, but i can't make up my mind!! :hyper:

8. Mangas

Mangas

Jul 27, 2008
    Missouri
    The Thumb sold. I've never played a neckthru Thumb so I cant really say. I'm thinking of listing my FNA Jazzman if anyone is interested.

9. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I've found that as well. My Corvette Proline is amazing, yet I try the store ones and they seemed what, muffled? Not sure why. I figured it was because mine is a 1993 one with all wenge neck and brass nut. Thought it was my immune system fighting GAS!

10. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I used to own one of these about 4 years ago. Nice!

11. pm sent.