1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/T: Warwick Fortress One 5 string - wenge neck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by HaPpYfAcE, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD

This is a really great bass, but my search for things to try goes on! It's equipped with MEC jazz pickups (noise cancelling), MEC 2 band preamp, wenge neck, brass Just-A-Nut I (individual string adjustment at the nut), chrome hardware.

Check this thread on the warwick forum for some sound clips of another Fortress One 5er
    http://forum.warwick.de/19-warwick-clips/11601-fortress-one-jazz-bass-steroids.html

Accepting trade offers for something of equal or lesser value. Leaning heavily towards a sale, so feel free to make a cash offer.

Price: $900 or best offer. Pay via paypal.

There are two flaws of note on this bass...one is by the cavity cover (just to the right in the pic) and the other is a small pea-sized wear spot by one of the pickups. There are some impressions in the finish elsewhere, but these require closer scrutiny and don't stand out.

hi-res pics are in...check them out here -> http://www.jrscan.com/images/forsale/fortress15

2. cash offers get priority!

3. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Why yah sellin it?

4. I want something else. Gotta make room, as they say.

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    the story of my life bump...

6. bump for the heck of it!

7. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    ...And what's the weight of this one?

8. 10.2lbs based on the with/without method on a digital bathroom scale.

9. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Lies!!
    I remember this bass and it was an anchor!! around 19 Lbs or so.

:D

10. D'Art

D'Art

Jan 19, 2010
    Russia
  11. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    I want a fortress bad, I just wish I had 900 laying around. Oh well I guess Ill just stick to my spector euro5

12. he was mistaken and obviously referring to his other fortress one. :ninja:

they're definitely great basses!

13. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

More lies!!
    I remember now, it was something like 50 + lbs. I used the bathroom scale. According to my drivers license (that I got 10 years ago) I weight 188 lbs, when I stepped on the scale with this particular bass it read 243 lbs! Do the math!!!

14. D'Art

D'Art

Jan 19, 2010
    Russia
    10 years is a long run:)

15. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Bump for a great bass. I had this exact model, you can hear it on all of the recordings I have posted on myspace and bandmix (see my sig) layed down using a Sansamp BDDI.

The producers loved it. Every time I walked into a session with this bass I'd get the usual "Don't you have a Fender" look...but nothing but smiles once I started laying down tracks.

I have big regrets for selling this bass, wish I had the cash.

:bassist:

16. tunedbygoody

tunedbygoody

Oct 2, 2009
    I have Tobias Renegade. Do you interest in trade ?

17. edit: THIS BASS IS SOLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.