1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: TBC JT400JJ and SX SPB62

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fitbass3p, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Now that the majority of my previous listings have moved, it's time for round two. I didn't really want to have to list these, but talking to my accountant led me to believe that the amount of money I'm going to end up owing the government is more than I'd like it to be. (So much for an economic stimulus package). As such, I need to move these guys out as well, so that I don't have to sell my beloved 55-02.

***The first is a 4 string jazz bass from The Bass Company, model JT400JJ. It has the following features:
    Chambered swamp ash body - only weighs 7.75 lbs!!!
    Inlaid wooden pickguard
    Custom-wound dual single coil pickups
    Proprietary electronics - 3 band Active EQ
    3-piece quarter-sawn maple necks
    Pau Ferro fretboard
    22 frets
    34" scale length
    All the info on this one is: http://www.thebasscompany.com/4stringguitars/jt400jj.html

***The second is a completely revamped SX SPB62 P-bass in 3 tone sunburst/ vintage maple neck/fretboard. I've made the following modifications:
    -Delano PMVC 4 FE/M2 pickup
    -250K vol/tone pots and wiring done by Butch @ Bayoucables.
    -Gotoh 201 bridge
    -Labella Deep Talking Flats

This sucker will blow any MIM Fender P-bass right out of the water, though I wouldn't go so far as to compare it to the MIA Fender stuff.

Pics for both are up at: http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/fitbass3p/For Sale/

Now, I'd like to get $275 shipped (each) for these. They will ship well packed with a gigbag. As always, ask away if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
    ~Nick

2. Hows the playability on the TBC. (Fretwork, neck etc?) I've heard they make some lemons .

3. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    I replied to your PM, but for everyone else's sake I'll do a quick copy-paste here.

The fretwork is done correctly. There's nothing to recommend it as the best fretwork I've seen, but it is level, even, rounded on the ends, and doesn't buzz after I set it up with the new strings.

The neck pocket fits well, however someone screwed up in designing (not constructing!) the bass: the truss rod can really only be altered when the neck is taken off the bass; they didn't leave enough room to squeeze in there with a key.

As far as lemons, this one isn't one, but even Fender screws up at some point.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help anyone with.

4. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    tbc makes some really good stuff at reasonable prices. bump for TBC

5. velocraig

velocraig

Nov 1, 2003
    NE Georgia
    If you use the allen key supplied w/ the bass (w/ a shortened end), the adjustment is easy as pie...at least it has been on the two I've owned. :meh:
    oh...and a bump for two nice basses...If I hadn't just bought a new head I'd take the SX off your hands :rolleyes:

6. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Hmm...I wish I had that key then :( Thanks for the kind words from you all.

7. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
  8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Eeks... I want them both, and I may be able to afford one... gotta ask the fiancee!!!

9. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I had that same problem. I emailed Jack at TBC and he ended up sending me one.

10. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    I guess I'll do that if I end up not selling it! Thanks for the info.

11. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Bump. Throw trades at me if you want, or other offers.

12. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    pm sent !!:hyper:

13. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    PM replied...TBC is on hold for a while.

14. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    i take the tbc ,thank you !!!:hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.