1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: The Bass formerly known as the Blue Beast

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubnomnar, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    SOLD

$375 PayPal shipped Continental USA lower 48 only.

This 8 lb 15 oz parts P is the bass formerly sold as the Blue Beast.

I believe that I am the 4th TBer to own it... if you count back to the TBer who originally pieced it together.

I bought this bass to sample a Warmoth Precision neck, having previously enjoyed a Warmoth Jazz neck. As far as I can tell, this neck has the standard countour and I would expect that it has the steel stiffening rods.

The Warmoth birdseye P-neck (1 11/16" nut width/brass nut/21 fret) has some very nice figuring and is fitted with high quality Schaller tuners. The neck looks, feels, and plays top notch. The neck and frets are in very good condition. There is a shallow scratch on the upper half of the back of the neck at about the 12 fret. It can be felt if you look for it, but given it's position your thumb will rarely touch it.

The dark blue loaded body appears to be a generic import. The front of body is in good shape with a couple small dings and the typical swirling and light scratches of a bass that has been played. The back of the body is in similar shape with a couple small dings and surface scratching. There is no buckle rash.

That being said the parts come together very nicely. Since it has been in my care I replaced the mismatched (2 different sizes) neck screws with a matching set of stainless steel neck screws. I also replaced the mismatched pickguard screws with a matching set of stainless steel screws. I also added a set of Dunlop strap buttons which also work with Dunlop straplocks.

I tried this bass with 3 different Name Brand P-pickups all of which I preferred over the generic pickup which it arrived with. It currently has the generic pickup back in place.

It is now wearing a set of Rotosound stainless steel roundwounds.

The white plastic pickguard now has a matte finish which I prefer over the original shiny plastic look. When I pulled the pickguard to tighten the volume pot and output jack which had loosened up, I found that the body had been drilled for a couple different pickguards.

I have a couple more P-basses on the way so it's time to move this one to a new home.

I will ship it safely and securely packaged. It does not include a case or gig bag.

Please click on the pics a few times to view full size.

_IGP6680.
    _IGP6684.
    _IGP6685.
    _IGP6686.
    _IGP6687.
    _IGP6690.
    _IGP6691.
    _IGP6688.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.