1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: The CRAZIEST Jazz you have seen!!! FrankenFender

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleepy_monkey, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't believe I am putting this on the chopping block. BUT I found a bass I really really really want...another Modulus....so I am going to see if this will spark any interest.

I pieced this together from parts off of TB and some brand new parts. The pups are brand new as were the knobs and neckplate.

I had this professionally set up by local luthier Ken Bush of Burning Bush. He set this up to Fender specs (as far as action, etc). I can send you a copy of the bill.

Here is the thread where I introduced it to the bass world:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523824&highlight=avocado

-Fender neck
    -Fender neckplate
    -Fender strap pegs
    -Pearl topped knobs
    -EMG Passive P/J HZs
    -EMG Passive MM HZ
    -Schaller Tuners
    -Strung with Blue Steels
    -Body is a Spear Flex

Set up Tone/Volume/Volume/Volume, also has an on/off switch.

franken7.
    franken4.
    franken8.
    franken9.
    franken5.
    DSC_0005-1.

The neck is indeed a Fender neck. I bought it off of Stu L. on TB. The Fender decal looks as though it was put on after the fact, but both Stu L. and the luthier said it was definitely a Fender neck, and having played many Fenders I agree. I had to have some screws drilled out of the headstock etc to get the Schallers on but this bass is READY TO PLAY!!!

Tons of tonal options, you can turn any of the pickup volumes all the way down or blend in as much or as little as you want.

This will also come with a Fender molded case that is good shape with keys.

Any questions, just ask!

Open this at $675 plus shipping which is way less than what I paid for the parts and labor. I could piece this back out for this, but I am not taking this apart.

Edit: I figured my parts wrong. Also, I reserve to change my mind at any time!! I might go home tonight and decide to keep this, especially if the bass I want locally sells before this sells.

Also, if you have a Guitar Center card, and you are willing to put the price of this bass on your card and apply it towards the bass I want (I have no idea how that would work) maybe we can work something out...that way you can do 'same as cash' for 90 days i think and I will just pay the difference to the bass I want. I will only consider this with TBers that have 25+ positive feedbacks. I am not sure if it will even work, but it should b/c I have a friend that works at GC.

2. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    That is a very nice bass!

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Unique color scheme.

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I love it, the world's first "Turtleburst" bass! :bassist:

The combination of the color scheme and the electronics makes that a *seriously* cool bass. I love how you covered the Musicman, Precision, and Jazz angles all in one bass and have infinite blend between the three pickups with the VVVT controls.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The Turtlburst jazz is up for sale!?!

This cant be.

6. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Super cool bass!

Wish I had the scratch right now. :crying:

7. I am only going to give it through the weekend and if no one bites, then I am just going to keep it. It plays great, but I want another Modulus!

8. antontanzil

antontanzil

Jun 5, 2008
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    MTD Bass (USA & Kingston) & Strings, R.Cocco Strings, Gruvgear, Noll Preamp, Nordstrands
    The tuners I sold to you looks good on this bass :D Talking about one of a kind bass...

9. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Wish i had jumped on this body... now it's all fancy and out of my price range

10. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Still never heard any sound files..is this a passive bass?

11. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    oooooh.....I like that...

12. -EMG Passive P/J HZs
    -EMG Passive MM HZ

I am going to try to get some clips up this weekend, but I already have some pretty solid interest, so it might not make it that far. :bassist:

13. Actually, anyone that wants clips, I can send you a Sendspace link of a song that I recorded with a friend. The bass was recorded in my basement but has been mastered...it sounds very organic....

Here is a link to a song with the bass

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2f6udw

14. Nice song and bass. Free bump, and a question: can the bass get growly?

15. The MM pup is 'growlier' than the others....is that even a word? haha.

But, to get super growl, I just use my GEB-7 EQ pedal.

16. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I'll take it if your willing to sell it for $445 HAHA

17. Ok, I have decided to put this on a time line. I am giving this until Sunday at 5pm CST to sell and receive funds, otherwise I am going to keep in the Monkey_Vault. If it doesn't sell, I will just keep it...I do in fact love the bass.

So a little over 3 days from now!!

18. false404

false404

Aug 14, 2005
    Man, if I only had the scratch... I bet P/MM sounds cool!

19. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Keep it, Monkey! Keep it!

20. Haha...I probably will. I played it tonight to record some sound clips and it records very well...I was just using my Micro BR too. I don't need to get rid of it really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.