1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: The Infamous White Jazz Bass Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by joelb79, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    You guys know the Bass:

[​IMG]

Now own a part of it.

I decided last month to replace the body with a smaller one with 70's jazz locations. I would love to keep this but I've made some foolish decisions with my money and bills are kicking my ass.

So up for grabs is this high quality warmoth part.

Swamp Ash Jazz Body
    Finished in Arctic White
    Bottom Control Cavity Route
    Top Control Plate Route
    Drilled for Badass II Bridge
    7/8" Side Jack Hole

I drilled the control plate for an Audere Preamp. The pickguard is an allparts guard and I can help you locate ANY color you would so desire.

I have shielded the bass with shielding paint. So far I have NEVER had buzz or hum, although I was using hum canceling pickups.

This body has a few small battle scars. I'm not going to lie its been gigged hundreds of times. However it is still in great shape with no visible to the eye swirls. Everything will be cleaned and polished before sending out to you so none of my sweat and drool will be on there.

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$200 Shipped USA
    International OK! Paypal Preferred.

2. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Also for those interested, I will have a set of NJ4SV's for sale very soon and If you want I can sell them installed in this body. PM for details, they are going back too Carey for new leads before that sale can happen.

3. You're killin me... PM

4. looking interesting, must resist since I have the same swamp ash J body waiting to be finished :smug:

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Understandable. There will come a point when this body will leave the family and go to eBay though.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    joel, please pm me for a price on the nords?
    I've been wanting to try a set in my G&L JB2...

thanks!
    alan

7. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    flip. mine is gonna be so similar to that! without the back cavity tho.. side jack hole is tempting, using rosewood fretboard as opposed to your maple

8. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Did you mean Olympic White? Or Arctic?

9. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Arctic. :ninja: fixed.

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Just curious.
    Poly finish?

11. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Yep, Warmoth only does Poly.

12. lowendtheory

lowendtheory I like the bass

Sep 2, 2003
    Australia, Brisbane
    how much would you be looking at, shipped to 4505 QLD australia with the nords? PM me please!

13. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Bump for Price drop!

14. Guys, 200 shipped for a painted Warmoth body is an absolute steal, that body will cost 200 dollars or more with no paint on (swamp ash is usually higher than alder, and you will have to wait 8-10 weeks if you get it painted. Even you do not like white, since it is swamp ash you can almost bet that the grain looks good should you peel/heat gun the paint off

15. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    And I'm leaning towards keeping it and selling off some other gear instead. So last chance to get a decent deal as well.

16. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    On Hold till Saturday morning.

17. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Your killing me! Hot J pickups from HAS sound i presume? I need a warmoth body! Saving for a Warwick, though

18. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Bump! I'd love to sell this to somebody today.

19. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    On hold pending payment.

20. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Joel

did warmoth do the top and rear rout scheme? or did you? I assume since it was painted - that the job was done by warmoth.

IF that is the case - then knowing that Warmoth is doing the vintage styling with big access for preamps is good to know.

Because then i could take the idea further and start loading pedals into the basses - like onboard fuzz or even better on board compression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.