1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Three Peavey Millenniums

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mojojim, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Price drops ... I have several Peavey Millennium basses for sale - I enjoy all of these basses. However, I have too many. I need to get rid of two out of the following three Millenniums. I’ve been a huge Millennium fan for the last 8 years, but now my hands say move on to 34” basses plus I like having 24 frets. Nevertheless, after two of these sell, I’ll will keep whatever Milly is left. I still love to play these basses even if my hands do ache a little!

1. Peavey Millennium J/MM – Rootbeerburst (?) - beautiful flamed top, birdseye maple neck and matching birdseye maple headstock. 35” scale. Thin, fast neck. Absolutely stunning birdseye neck and the flame on the body is … wow. Looking at the headstock you’ll notice that the word Millennium isn’t present. This bass was a showpiece/prototype/best-they-could-do Millennium. Peavey verified this in an e-mail; great people at Peavey. Also, the one bad thing you’ll notice about the headstock is the couple of crack and slight bubble in the finish. These have not changed in the 4 years that I’ve had the bass. One of the old “not noticed at 2 feet” defects.
    This bass has a great pre-amp. Not the same as other Millenniums. Clearer with some more guts than my other Millenniums; I do prefer this pre-amp. It’s obvious that Peavey did great work on the prototype. Why did they change it to the newer design? I don’t know.
    This is a very special Millennium. Plays with super-low action if you desire. It hurts to sell it, but it’s just been sitting in its case for the last few months; I'm now playing a Carvin BB70. Ready to play with barely broken in strings.
    Weight: 8 – 8.5 lbs. (feels very light when on a strap and its balance is great due to the upper horn.)

Price: [DEL]$895.00 [/DEL] [DEL]$845 [/DEL] $805 shipped CONUS in a Peavey case.

2. Peavey Millennium J/MM – Sunburst – 35” scale - beautiful flamed top with a maple neck and maple fretboard. This is also a beautiful bass, but it has a standard maple neck and fretboard. Excellent condition! I’ll check for any marks tonight when I get home plus I’ll add photos at that time. This one has a great response to the player. It has a unique feel. Can be set up with extremely low action if you want. This will be someone’s axe of choice. I purchased this bass new (NOS) from a music store in Cleveland. I've been the only player, so this bass is in great condition. Plus the case has never been gigged (or the bass) so it is great condition too.

Weight: 8 – 8.5 lbs. (feels very light when on a strap and its balance is great due to the upper horn.)

Price: [DEL]$625.00 [/DEL] [DEL]$575.00 [/DEL] $550shipped CONUS in a Peavey case.

3. Peavey Millennium J/J bass. Rosewood board on a maple neck – black headstock. Flame maple on the body with golden finish. Millennium pre-amp. Sometimes I like this bass better than my J/MM basses. It gets some great sounds. (I just picked it up…. Another bass that responds so well to your hands.)

Defects? The neck screws need to have their heads filed down some to remove some slightly sharp edges and then painted – I’ve done this on other basses - not a big deal or I would have done it by now. I can do this before shipping if you’d like. … Some small surface scratches on the back. Pickup covers have some marks from strings. Small amount of dulling around front pickup and under G string near neck due to slapping.

Weight: 8 – 8.5 lbs
    Price: [DEL]$485 [/DEL] [DEL]$435.00 [/DEL] $420.00shipped CONUS in a Peavey case.

Photos of all of the prototype Mill and the J/J can be found at:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/113272...key=Gv1sRgCKT6uI6KwtGbgQE#5772154669333364146

I’ll post pictures of Millennium #2 tonight. (Photos have been added. I'll add additional photos over the next couple of days.)

The only trade offers that I might consider would be for a Carvin BB76 or … maybe a knock-out looking BB75. :)

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool! Steve is a great TBer and that root beer Millennium is literally one of a kind.

3. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    That neck on the Rootbeerburst is amazing!

4. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    pm'd

5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow, I can't believe the rootbeer birdseye one is still here! Doh! Bump!!

6. andreiscv

andreiscv Supporting Member

Where are you located?

7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump for some sweet Millenniums. I'm in the same boat now, as my Purple People Funker is up for sale. :meh:

8. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    PEAVEY PEAVEY PEAVEY!!!!! Huge fan.... Free bump! GLWTS....

9. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    could i get some more better picks of the jj mil please. is this a us made peavey? I have had so many peavey basses in my day. I was looking for good jazz bass here for a while but it seems the jj has a lot of bang for the buck like all peaveys.

10. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    thanks i will take your word for it.

11. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    That you can. These USA Peavey Milleniums are excellent basses.

12. lfbassguy

lfbassguy

Jul 4, 2010
    west texas
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland
    I have a US jj mill, and I can say it is an awesome sounding 70's type jazz bass. Just love it!!!

13. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm jonesin' for a 5-string birdseye one now..

Someone grab that 4-banger though!

14. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Man, i wish i could grab one of these...

15. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    bump

16. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    The root beer neck is sublime

17. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Sublime in sight and in sound. :)

18. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Is the JJ a 35" scale too? I am thinking these would make some killer BEAD machines :)

19. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Yes, the JJ is a 35". And yes, it would be a great BEAD bass. I was playing it, after doing a BUMP the other day, and I continue to wish that I could simply keep all of my Peaveys - they are excellent four strings. But, I don't think they should just sit around in their cases since I need 5 strings (EADGC) and 24 fret basses for my new band - more chords! Too large of a herd.

20. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Is the J on the J noiseless (humbucker) ?

What would you describe the J/MM tone as? I am familiar with the Lakland 44-02 where the J is noiseless and the MM is switchable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.