Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Thunderfunk 420, 1974 RIC 4001 Burgundy-Glo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jpoprock, Aug 16, 2005.

1. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    Update: 08/24/05:
    Both items are sold. Thanks for your consideration!

Jason

Picture of both items here:
    http://homepage.mac.com/sheroan/Jpop/PhotoAlbum44.html

I'm relisting my TF after first deciding to hold on to it. I've since change my mind though, and so it has to go. I love this amp, but play guitar in a band now. This thing will sit and collect dust, and I'd rather it go to someone who'll use it.

Thunderfunk 420 Serial #212, purchased used from Dave Funk after Bass Player mag used it for a while. They were going to review it, but then didn't. They loved the amp btw. This is one of his earlier creations. Everything is the same as a brand new one, except this was when he had to hand drill the Speakon jack hole. This comes with the optional rack ears, and screws. The screws were purchased by me from a local hardware store as Dave forgot to send them. To put the screws on, you have to take the top off the unit. Very easy.

I've only played this unit at home, and for a very short period of time to check it all. This is EASILY the best bass amp I've EVER played and owned. I love this thing!! I just can't justify the toy right now.

Price: $700 Shipped to anywhere in the US. I'm not interested in shipping oversea's really, but will entertain it.
    SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 08/22/05

----------

1974 Ric 4001 Burgundy-Glo (on Hold 08/22/05)

I love this bass, but don't "need" it anymore either. As you can see from the pix, it's a player's bass. It's got a little wear, but in a cool way if you ask me. The bass plays like a RIC should (which is a DREAM!). Tuners are replacement Rickenbacker tuners, versus the older Kluson type that were on it orginally. I don't have the originals. As you can tell from the pictures, the color is a little more unusual for a Burg-Glo. It's more of a Rust-Glo. It's almost like a Fire-glo kinda, without the glo. VERY unique, and quite cool if you ask me. Bass has TONS of vibe if that is what you're going for. No structural damage at all. I can get a serial # if interested. I don't have it on me at the moment. Original PU's also. RIC's are moving very well in the market right now. I'm not sure why, but that's good! Thought I'd offer it up here before selling it Ebay. I should have no problems at all. Also, this bass comes without a case.

Price: $850 + shipping. I approximate shipping to be around $35, but I don't know for sure. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!08/24/05 $850

My ebay feedback is outstanding if you want to check, and I've have some nice transactions here too (but no feedback). My ebay user name is jpoprockus. Ships from Indiana.

Thanks!
    Jason

2. PM sent for the Ric :hyper:

3. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    PM returned!

4. Mr.Ben

Mr.Ben

Jan 16, 2001
    Long Beach