Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Thunderfunk 420, Avatar 210NEO, PE Depth Charge Pedal, '74 Ric 4001

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jpoprock, Jul 27, 2005.

1. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    *****As of 8/1/05, the RIC is the only thing I still for sale.

------
    Thunderfunk 420 Head w/ Rack ears and screws -
    $700 Shipped. *****NO LONGER FOR SALE*****

Avatar 210NEO 8 ohm, MINT, w/ new & old crossovers. -
    $270 shipped. ****SOLD $253 Shipped*****

Prescription Electronics Depth Charge pedal w/ indicator light -$160 Shipped. *****SOLD!!!! $160******
    ------

1974 RIC 4001 Burgundy-Glo, no case, great bass!! -
    $850 plus shipping. Pictures here:

http://homepage.mac.com/sheroan/Jpop/PhotoAlbum44.html

Pay Pal, Money Order, Cashiers Check only. Can pick up locally. I live in Kokomo, IN.

Above prices are for US shipping only (UPS), but will entertain shipping out of country, though I've never done it.

Killer 1974 Burg-Glo RIC 4001 for sale, but I need to get an actual bass shipping box for it before I can ship it. No case, but I have a gig bag to put it in I think. Maybe not though. This is why I'm throwing it out there, but I really can't ship for another couple weeks until I get an actual box. Either that you or you can pay to have the UPS Store package it up. Anyway, this bass is SUPER cool (to me) because the color is more "tomato" or "rust" colored, and is in "Players condition". Meaning, it's worn in a good way, slightly scratched in some places, etc. But mostly it's got VIBE VIBE VIBE, and plays like a dream. RIC's are trending up in price right now, and sometimes for one like mine on EvilBay can pull over a grand. Not here. $850 plus shipping.

Any questions, just shoot me an email!

Thank you!!!!

Jason
    jpoprockus (if you want to check my Ebay feedback out)

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Just curious about a couple things...

Just curious, why?

But if you bought a new one, it'd already have the new crossover in it, wouldn't it?

3. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    I sent the 212NEO back because by the time I recieved it, I had known that I wasn't going to need it (because of the band). I FORGOT to email Dave to cancel it as I ordered it over a month ago. That was a $90 mistake on my part. So, rather than unpacking it, etc just to "check out how cool it was going to be with rig I'd never play" I just sent it back. I'm POSITIVE it would have rocked. I was all set to have that TF420, a 210NEO and a 212NEO at 4ohms, but it didn't work out.

The 210NEO had the old crossover in it at the time Dave shipped it. When I ordered it, he said it would have the new crossover in it, but instead it was the old, so he sent me the new to install myself. I just never did.

Thanks,
    Jason

4. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Oh, ok, so what do you have now?

Ahh, I see, however, IMHO, that doesn't add value to the cab since (unless I missed something) that's not anything I'd have to pay on a new order.

Basically, if I understand correctly, what you're offering for 305 shipped, I can order literally brand new from Dave for 298 shipped. This is why I'm confused. Usually used stuff sells for significantly less than new... yes, even if it's barely used.

No, I'm not just bustin' yer chops, yes, I'm potentially interested in the cab, but hesitate to PM an offer based on your current expectation. FYI.

5. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    I guess I had it in my head that Dave was charging $30 for the new crossovers as they weren't shipping in the new cabs until the stock was depleted. But perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe that is for old owners that wanted to upgrade. If that is the case, the I will absolutely lower my price because that would be ridiculous.

So how about $270 Shipped. Is that more fair?? I'd keep it before I allow myself to get even more upside down in a rig I've played for 30 min. Yes, used is used, new is new, but I am cheaper than "new" after all, no?

Thanks for the inquiry.

P.S. I'm going to modify the original post to now show $270 shipped.

Jason

6. endlessbassic

endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
    PM sent re: the Ric..

7. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    Back atcha!

8. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    Hey all. Just for the record, I'm not really looking to trade. However, since it has come up, things I would trade for are (or a trade plus cash deal):

Any Music Man GUITARS

Mesa/Boogie DC5 GUITAR amp.

Early 70's Strat

I realize this is a bass forum, but it never hurts to ask huh?

Oh, and just for the record, I'm selling that Thunderfunk for exactly what Dave charged me for it a month ago, I'm breaking even on the RIC, losing money on the pedal after virtually one use, and losing on the Avatar. So, my loss is your gain I guess. I'm not really trying to make any money. I'm just trying to get rid of the debt!!! Even still I would consider trades on any of this stuff for the above items. I have a pretty nice guitar set up already.

You guys rule,
    jason

9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Yep. I have about three irons in the fire right now, but even if I can't pick it up, I'd imagine you'll have no problem selling it at that price. Thanks for your understanding. :)

P.S. I'm in central IL, but I think you might be too far to drive for it. Hmmmm... I work in Urbana, tho... you ever get out west?

10. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    PM Sent

11. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    PM replied.

12. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    Hey Vic. I checked out your site and yer band. Good stuff. I'm in a similar type band. http://www.myspace.com/wearepunchjudy Not nearly the cool party pix you have. Just silly stuff!!

Keep me in mind and thanks for the insight.
    Jason

13. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    Depth Charge- SALE PENDING

Thunderfunk- ON HOLD.

RIC 4001- Sending Pix tomorrow.

14. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Cool, except you gotta' join to see pics, which I'm not sure I wanna do, but you guys gig a lot, that's a good indicator you guys are good. It'd be nice to hear an MP3 if you have one. :)

Yeah, thanks, but we've really been lax on the pics lately too. I need to start hammerin' on folks to do that for us more. :)

I will say one thing, the State Fair gigs are awesome. We got both "upper" and "lower" flashes last year. :)

15. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    If I remember I'll upload some for you to DL. They'll be originals, but really we play covers because we all gave up on artistic integrity a long time ago. it's all about getting paid now. HA!

Jimmie wrote most of our songs, and his "solo" stuff is here:
    www.highgainmedia.com/jimmie

I'm very very similar to him, and I have some tunes at:
    www.highgainmedia.com/jpoprockshop

I've been kind of dried up since the birth of my two sons, but I kinda feel it coming back. It's a real "you know what", but worth it.

j

16. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    Depth Charge = SOLD

Thanks!

17. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
  18. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN

19. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN

Thanks,
    J

20. groundshaker

groundshaker Guest

Jul 28, 2005
    Knoxville Tn
    If the Thunderfunk deal doesn't go thru I want it! Got an excellent condition 1970 Musicman HD130 if you're interested in it, if not will just try to produce the $$$.