1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS - Thunderfunk TFB550B and Accugroove Whappo Jr......$700 ea (or $1250 for both!!!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by g4string, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I need to move these to get a bass back that I should have never sold.:help: And, I JUST got these:bawl: The TFunk is a solid 9 on a 10 scale......the Jr. is a solid 8.5. The Jr. comes with the AG cover. The 550 has the feet, rack ears, and handle. Buy them both and get one heck of a deal......Pics are coming shortly.

2. Ok...wow, what a HECK of a deal!

3. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Holy Crap! You're making me wanna double-up on my rig!

STUPID deal!

4. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Im loosing close to $300 on this deal...........However, I need to sell quick before the window of opportunity closes on getting my bass back. I just got this gear in late last week. It hasn't even left my house.

5. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
  6. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Only because you commented Marcus!!! The 750A would have been the real ticket!!!Just want my 550B back is all..

7. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Both the 550 and JR are sold pending the clearing of an e-check.

8. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    pm sent

9. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    whoops...too late..:)

10. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Totally off topic, but that Demeter/Crest/Acme rig you've got in those pics looks killer. How's the TF/El Whap stand up to it?

11. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I really haven't got a chance to play through the TFB550/AGJR......I briefly piddled around with it once I got it home to make sure every thing was 'cool' from shipping.....that's how new this rig is to me. I did have an AGWJR once, it was brief, several months. I sold it for some reason, I cant remember why. I had to choose between the UL410 or the AGWJR. I kept the 410 and sold the JR.......I always regreted selling the JR. It is a VERY nice cab. It pains me to sell this one. Oh well, I can always get another JR. However, this will be my only chance to get a bass back that I should have never sold. As far as the Tfunk is concerned, I feel that the LMII I have is kind of the same thing as the Tfunk. I am sure there are some Tfunk purists who will argue oterwise. But basically, I am confident that the TFB550. LMII, and UL502 can be eq'd to sound like either amp.......they all have very similar qualities. I cant justify owning the LMII and a TFB550. I would be better served owning the LMII with a UL410 and AGWJR.

Getting back to your question............yes, the CA9-Demeter-Acme B4 does kill!!!! If you want to punish a gui**** for cranking his 100W Marshall full stack........use the CA9-Demeter-Acme, he'll turn down:bassist: NTM, that rig just thumps!! Along with the tight thumpy bottom, it has a very nice polite top end and smooth mids. It is an awesome rig.......just heavy. I can only compare it to my UL410-LMII rig. I think for 'normal' volume, the LMII-UL410 is just as good, if not better, that the CA9DemAcme rig. Yes, you loose some of that 3 way definition the Acme provides you. But unless your playing really loud, you can get some serious booty out of the LMII UL410 combo. The UL410 LMII combo has been my go-to rig for on the run rehearsals and gigs for the last couple of years. It really makes me forget about the CA9DemAcme rig at home. However, for a loud rock band.....the UL410 LMII rig is no match for the CA9DemAcme rig. When pushed, the LMII compresses and really looses it's focus. I keep the CA9DemAcme rig for this very purpose, and the occasional big stage gig. I have tried to sell the CA9.......It has never sold.......Thank god!!! I think I would end up regretting selling it.

12. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    PM'd.....
    i want it, will pick up soon!!!

13. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    The Jr and 550 are gone........this thread is closed

Thread Status: