1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS-Tim SALAS 6-String Neckthrough Hipshot/Seymour Duncan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 123321, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123321

123321 Bravely eating @ MacDonald's Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Tim Salas 6 string bass. 34" scale Maple neck through construction with Ebony fingerboard. Alder topped with Walnut wings. Hipshot tuners and bridge. Seymour Duncan Phase II Basslines pickups and Seymour Duncan 2-band preamp (with pull switch slap contour). 9.2 pounds. Gig bag. San Diego's Tim Salas is currently not actively building but his basses have an excellent reputation for quality. This bass has been gigged and shows definite signs of use although cosmetic by way of moderate, honest wear. This bass has Dunlop recessed strap locks and I do not have the "male" part... I may but I haven't seen them in a while so... >>>[DEL]$700.00[/DEL] [DEL]$650.00[/DEL] $625.00 shipped<<<

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe it is this preamp...

http://www.bluestarmusic.com/seymour-duncan-stc-2a-2-band-tone-circuits-for-active-bass-pickups.html

I've been asked about the string spacing at the bridge and the action... The bass plays fine with low action. I'll have to measure the bridge spacing tomorrow. It is 2" at the nut and around 3 3/16" at the 24th fret (the latter I'm guessing from memory).

2. Riccobass

Riccobass Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Pics ?

3. Great offering and great price, Joel. Maybe a little too tight at the bridge for me, but looks great. I would say it looks about 17.5mm and no wider. How is the eveness of tone from string to string? How about the low end?

This could easily be restored to perfect condition. That pre was in my first active setup, and it is a very good pre. I loved it.

I am guessing that the top wood is Padauk and not Walnut, but don't quote me...ha ha.

Cheers.

4. 123321

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Actually, Padauk was my first, gut, choice... I was then distracted by the rational selection of Walnut. I do believe it is Padauk!!

The bottom is cool and it has a full range tone, acoustically as well...

It has a bit of a greater mid push inherent that I like...

String to string, fret to fret- even tones!

The bridge spacing measures at 41/64, .640, 16.27mm...

The .640 matches a standard size offered by Hipshot...

3 5/32" at the 24th fret (a 1/32 shy of 3/16")...

maybe a 1/64" shy of 2" at the nut...

Thanks for the input!!

I'll be listing a luthier made 6 string Wenge neck to Ibanez SR886 specs, unused and a Schaller 2000 new bridge to go with it in a couple of days under accessories...

5. 123321

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Smokin' Deal BUMP!!

6. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Wish i had something to trade, Nice bass bump.

7. 123321

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    May I suggest a USACG J body with French Polish? Ha!!

I would trade with you anytime based upon our previous transactions!! A True Connoisseur!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.