1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Tobias Growler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    This is another bass I have to sacrifice at the alter of Wal. I really don't want to let this one go either, but I lack a choice at this juncture. I'm sure everyone has heard about Tobias having spotty quality control, but you don't need to worry about this one. I've owned a bunch of Gibson Tobiases and this one has the best build quality by far. The fret work is fantastic. There are no high spots, dead frets, or rough edges. There are no issues at all. The neck pocket is very tight and the build quality is great all around. The neck is a very comfy with an asymmetrical profile. Its made of maple and purpleheart with a pau ferro fretboard. The body is natural ash. The pickup is a MM style Bartolini with splitable coils. The preamps are pretty unique. It has two preamps, one for each coil of the pickup. Each preamp has a bass and treble control and there is a blend pot to blend the two preamps/coils together. The best feature is the two mid switches, once again one for each coil. In the up position they give a low-mid boost which is great for cutting through whilst playing finger style. The middle position has is a bipass and the down positon gives a mid-cut for a very nice slap tone. There is some players wear, including some buckle rash, and a small cig burn on the headstock. You can't really see the buckle rash, because of the natural grain, but you can feel it. This bass plays and sounds great. It would be hard to find a nicer US made bass for this kind of money. It comes with an SKB hardshell case. Once again, have no fears, this is a great Tobias. This is the bass that I usually grab when I just want to play for a while.

Price: $600 plus shipping. I accept paypal or money order.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Bump for a sexy bass. Juuuuuuuust out of my price range, alas.

3. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Have any recordings of this bass?

4. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    This is a KILLER bass. The electronics makes it a versatile bass. I love mine... FREE BUMP..

5. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    If only I had the cash!!!!

6. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Sorry, I don't have any recording gear.

Mike

7. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Yo I had one it's the one bass that I was truly sorry that I sold the electronics alone are worth $300.00 have not had another bass like that. Bump for an outstanding bass. If I had the six beans, I would be right there. I loved the growler that I had dead spots and all.

8. fmin7

fmin7

Jul 3, 2006
    Lexington, KY
    Please check PMs.

9. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD

Mike

Thread Status: