1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Tokai APB-'64 MIJ '80s Precision Bass Copy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FenderP, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenderP

FenderP Supporting Member

May 7, 2005
    This the second of two Tokai basses I am selling. This is the APB-’64, a 1964 Precision Bass copy. I just had this set up today by Mouradian Guitars in Cambridge, MA, in preparation for sale.

This a completely made in Japan bass, and was made just following the famed lawsuit era for Tokai. This bass is basically the same as a lawsuit-era Tokai minus the Fender copy headstock. I loved my APB-’57 (also listed for sale), so I figured I’d pick up the 1964 Precision copy. I never fell in love with this one the way that I did the ’57. It sounds and plays great, but you know how these things go – you either love it or you don’t. I took a gamble when I got it.

It is in great condition as seen in the pictures. As you can see, it has a black paint job with the vintage-style pickguard. The bass includes the hardshell case shown in the picture, and is sold as-is.

Price: $400 including shipping and insurance in the lower 48 (and I'm still taking a bit of a bath). I will ship elsewhere, but PM me for a quote. PayPal only. If you need seller references, I can point you to my eBay feedback (100% positive) as well as my two positive ones here.

Do not e-mail me for trade offers. I am not looking for anything nor will I accept them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

FP, what is the width at the nut...."C" / 1.75"? Are the neck profiles different between this one and the '57?
    Also what is the weight of both basses?

Thanks p5

3. FenderP

May 7, 2005
    The neck profiles are different. The 64 is thicker at the nut - I'm 99% it's 1.75 as most of my other basses are 1 5/8. They were doing exact copies, so Tokai did it right.

I don't know the weight of the basses. The 64 is heavier than the 57. The 57 is pretty light, but the 64 is definitely more of a hunk of wood.

4. FenderP

May 7, 2005
    Price drop - $375

5. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

pm sent

6. FenderP

May 7, 2005
    Sale pending

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    FenderP,

I just removed two obsolete bumps. Please check the rules which state bumps are allowed but prior ones must be deleted.

Thanks.

8. FenderP

May 7, 2005
    Sold.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.