1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Trace Elliot Quatra Valve

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ssturgis, Mar 10, 2008.

1. This is a Trace Elliot Quatra Valve bass head for sale. It is 200 watts of tube with 4 6550 Electro Harmonix power tubes, 2 12AX7 preamp tubes. Amp is in great shape and sounds incredible. According to British Audio Service I should be asking at least a $1000 for this head. Does not include rack w/power conditioner. $800 OBO + shipping if you are not local.

Thanks!

TraceElliotQuatraValve.

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Nice!! I just bought the Trace preamp here on TB just like this...

3. Whats the weight on that bad boy ?

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Bump for a killer head! :cool:

5. It is around 40lbs. Not too bad at all.

6. Hmm
    Got me thinking. How does she looks cosmetically ?
    Any more pics ?

7. Actually looks great. The screws on it have a little rust on them but nothing on the amp itself. I have another pic or two. Will post in a few.

8. Here are a few more pics. Like I said, there is a little rust on the screws and where paint was chipped off of the handles.

500_dcp_1413.

500_dcp_1410.

dcp_1172.

9. DubHunter

DubHunter

Feb 15, 2008
    Columbia Gorge
    does this head not have the capability of mounting it in a rack? It seems to just be sitting inside of the rack in the photos. I am very interested, but looking to be able to have sturdy road case protection.

10. Hello,
    It does not have the original rack ears. They are extremely hard to find. It was basically attached to a shelf that was attached to the bottom. I never gigged with it so I wasn't worried about it.

11. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm guessing shipping to Toronto is not a good idea...cost..weight and Fragile??

12. I guess we could find out as far as shipping but the weight really isn't that bad. Around 40 pounds. I would definitely pack it very well and take all tubes out. I would wrap those seperately. My zip code is 34668 in Port Richey, Florida if you want to check on shipping.

13. Going to lower price to $750 + shipping. Any takers?

14. Ok, $700 + shipping.

15. Interested in any trades?

16. Not unless you have an 8X10 cabinet.

17. Bump for ya
    I am surprised this has not sold yet :eek:

18. Me too! I have already gone down a bit low on it.

19. Yea its a good price to be sure
    If I was not so friggen picky about the MINTY-ness of my gear I would own this amp. :hyper:
    Luck on the sale

20. PM'd.