1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Trace Elliot Quatra Valve

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ssturgis, Mar 10, 2008.

1. pbassdude7

pbassdude7

Mar 22, 2008
    Hello,
    My good ol' trace elliot ah250 is getting a little tired and I am considering a new head, preferably a TE tube head. If it is still available I am very interested. I am in Valrico, Florida. Not far from Tampa.

2. I do still have it. Cool that you are close.

3. Having a hard time believing no one wants this amp.

4. Haven't heard back from ya pbassdude7. What is up?

5. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    It's not that nobody wants it, if i wasn't poor i'd grab that today

6. I completely understand. I do know that they want it.

7. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    This economy is killing me !

8. MusicMan810

MusicMan810

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey Im from St. Pete and saw this on craigslist.. I am looking for an amp but dont have the gas for it. I do have a 810 but then id have no cab for the amp so that doesnt work either.

Anyways, just wanted to say whats up to a fellow FL bassist

9. Hello MusicMan810,
    Nice to see a FL fellow bass player. Believe me, I understand about the gas thing. Its killing me too.

10. Bump

11. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    hows the volume on this thing?
    will it get up and go?

12. It is impressive being a 200 watt tube amp.

13. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    OK - I'm in for bump help on this. I've had several of this series. Tom Bowlus has at least one of them now. This is not your usual tube amp. It can do clean, rich, tube power with the best of SS. Very impressive deep bass power. Driven hard, it will get nice and syrupy. But don't forget - it's the tone that's the reason for owning - both clean and tube. And it might be under 40lbs - mine was 47lbs in the wood case, which itself had to weigh at least 8lbs or more. Used with an efficient cabinet (Berg HS210 comes to mind - but you could as Tom), this is an heirloom.

14. Very true! Thanks macmrkt!

15. Bump

16. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Do you know which year this amp was made? Is it point-to-point wiring? Has it been serviced, biased, caps replaced recently?

Sorry for so many questions, but I have heard only great things about these heads, and it is very tempting.

17. Not a problem on the questions. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. This amp was made in 1990. Not sure about the wiring but it was serviced about 2 months ago. I replaced the 4(400volt) filter caps when it was serviced.

18. Also, the tubes are about a year and a half old and in great shape. Sounds amazing with the EH6550's and EH12AX7's.

19. SOLD! Thanks Nickybass!