1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Trace Elliot V4 - luscious tube goodness

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by msquared, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I am extremely reluctant to let this go and there are people I play with who love it a lot and will probably have me committed, but I really have to free up some space and recover from a few years of GAS explosion.

So up for grabs is a Trace Elliot V4 all tube amp. If you're looking at this you probably know about it. If not, there are several threads in the Amps section and plenty of info online. Mine is in excellent condition and was babied the entire time I've had it.

For this 220w beast I am asking $1000 which will include insured shipping and any Paypal fees.

While I would prefer the dough, I may be interested in trades for the right bass or recording gear. The only amp trades I'm interested in are a Berg IP112 or a PJB Briefcase.

2. Pics? Is this V4 the MKII?

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I'm going to take some pics later tonight.

This is not a mkII. If it was, I would have just emailed Bowlus and been done with it. :)

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine

LOL, too true! :D

5. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    is this tolex or carpet?
    thanks

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Sorry everyone, I've been really busy the last few evenings and have barely been home to photograph this. I'll try to get some up asap.

This is dark green rat fur with the solid front panel. The fur is in very decent condition. About what you'd expect out of a 20ish year old amp that has been well cared for.

KT88s onboard (and I think most of the other tubes) are labeled Trace Elliot. I can't imagine they are original but I have no way of telling. The sound is very good with no microphonics.

Still has the old style XLR+1/4" speaker output pair. I'd thought about doing the speakon+1/4" mod but never got around to it. If anyone wants to buy this and have it shipped to British Audio to get that done, I'm willing to do that (but you pay shipping from there to your place).

If you're in the area you're welcome to come by and try it out. It does sound rather fantastic through the DB212. :bassist:

7. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Bump with some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups