1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS / Trade Sansamp RPM for RBI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mattprestler, Jan 14, 2012.

1. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Got a tech21 Sansamp RPM preamp with the power cable. In great shape, does not have the original box or instructions. Looking for an RBI instead. If ya want to trade I'm located In Toledo Ohio (43609 for shipping estimates) or i can sell outright for $225 shipped.

2. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Pics?

3. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    And some pics. Very very minimal rack rash.

Attached Files:

4. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    PM'd

5. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Bump, any chance of a trade before I sell it?

6. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    You own an rbi as well right? How would you compare the tone between the two? I'm still on the fence about trading with you.

7. I bought a RPM and a RBI (along with 3 other preamps) when I did my preamp auditioning. I A/B-ed these particular two preamps against one another for a couple of hours. I preferred the RPM to the RBI by far. If I recall correctly, I found the tones of each to be relatively aggressive with a slightly warmer tone going to the RPM; for my purposes, the RPM was more tweakable and had a more full yet clear bottom end.

Neither was my first choice so I sold them both, but the RPM was my second; I have often considered picking up another RPM to have in my arsenal.

8. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Pretty much what shadow Mac said, a much fuller bottom end on the RPM, although I prefer the RBI for my particular tone. The RBI is laid out like a traditional tube amp EQ-wise with a bright gain structure. Where the RPM has more of a modern bass amp feel, and along with the fuller sound the gain structure is is not as bright or aggressive IMO. Check out some YouTube clips maybe you can get a little bit better idea of the differences.

9. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Would much rather trade than sell at the moment!

10. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I may be willing to let one of mine go. Pm me some details on your address so I can calculate shipping.

11. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Bump

12. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Bump

13. mattprestler

mattprestler

Jun 24, 2009
    Toledo, Ohio
    Closing this one down, decided to keep the rpm in my rack after all. Thank you for the interest everyone!