1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Trans Green G&L L2000 (GandL)...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BigDawg, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDawg

BigDawg

Dec 11, 2006
    Buford, GA
    BodyFront.
    BodyRear.
    FrontFull.
    CloseBody.
    Headstock.

I'm putting up my G&L for what I paid for it. Great bass, but I have my eyes on something else. I'm using the pics from the previous owner's thread, as well as the description. He did a great job describing it and nothing has changed since then because it hasn't left my house.

This is an amazingly beautiful 1997 G&L L2000 in Trans Green. This finish was a premium option and is not one that you see very often at all. It is an absolutely beautiful finish on an equally good looking piece of ash. The body has some really interesting figuring on the front near the middle- quite different.

The neck is a wide but flat profile; 1 11/16" at the nut, but thin front to back which is very comfortable. This is my personal favorite G&L neck profile, it reminds me of my '82 L2000E. It has a sort of semi-gloss finish that is quite nice for moving around.

Overall condition is very nice. It has been outfitted with a new bridge, new knobs, and new electronics cover for the bass all from G&L- the old hardware had pitted from lack of use. With the these additions, you can scarcely tell it was ever played. There are a few dings and scratches that are hard to notice due to the nature of the finish, though the "worst" is a pen-tip-sized nick in the front near the bridge- Nothing major.

Everything works as it should, it is set up well, and plays great. Weight is about 9.5lbs, and it balances very well. It is an awesome bass overall and I have no problem keeping it, but I am always on the hunt for new and exciting things.

The original G&L hardshell case is also in very good condition. (Still has the signature maple syrup smell of a new G&L case)

SOLD

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    sweet color man, thinking psychobilly or horror punk for sure

3. verycoolname

verycoolname

Jan 28, 2013
    VA/PA
    I need this in my life.

4. BigDawg