1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Trans Red 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ProfGumby, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Hey ya'll!

I have decided to sell my 5 string. it is a great bass, but I have not played it in months. It just sits here. So, I have decided to see if I can put it in the hands of someone who will play it.

For me, for now anyway, the B string is just a floppy thumb rest. So with a new bass coming I want to make room and let her go.

I have replaced the stock run of the mill chrome tuners with Black Wilkinson tuners from Buzzards Bass. I have black knobs on it and the screws were all blacked out. The Dunlop Straplocks are also black. I have the strap and bass parts and will sell them with the bass.

The bridge is still chrome and so is the recessed jack as well as the neck bolts and ferrules on the back. Aside from the bridge, one does not see this with the bass in playing position.

She is a trans red beauty and surprisingly light for a 5 string. The electronics cavity is shielded and the bass was set up by a Fender Custom Shop authorized Tech. I do have a thread here somewhere from when I got the bass. If I had to guess there is maybe, and I mean maybe 5 hours of playing time on this one! Like I said, just doesn't do it for me.

Photos here -
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind....viewPicture&friendID=57625593&albumId=982294

I am asking $160.00 plus shipping, con US only. No paypal, and prefer a bank check. When I receive and deposit check, I will ship the bass. It will be packed professionally and if you request insurance on the shipping, I will include that in shipping costs.

The brand is S 101. An off brand, I guess but the local shop knows of them. I will sell it on consignment with them if it does not go here.

PM me if you are interested.
    :bassist:

I guess I will have to change my Avitar pic if I sell this bass.....and I can take current pics if you like.
    l_f8b51d79fc385fca3cc7732ed021841f.

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Hey ya'll, I'v now dropped the price to 160 plus shipping, I will have it packed on my dime, you just pay for the bass and shipping.

:bassist:

3. Wow! She looks like a gibson embassy 5er!
    free bump!

4. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    He ya'll!

Anyone? Nice, and I mean really nice 5 string? Hello? Is this thing on?
    :D

There are enough guys looking to try 5 strings and as big a fan of SX as I am, this one has better (to some) string spacing than them. Also, I'd entertain a trade but prefer not to cough up any cash, but will look at a lesser value trade with cash added or a trade plus some cash?

Squier VM fretless? SX 4 string something? 7 bass rack? An ex girlfriend? Plate of Twinkies?
    :cool:

Here is a link to the factory page -
    http://www.sejungusa.com/PagesGuitars/s101_main/05_gtrs/JHB745_05.html

And since I have been asked, here are some specs -
    1 3/4 at the nut
    2 5/8 at 12th fret
    24 frets

Bridge dimensions -
    17mm string spacing (11/16 approx)
    2.67 string spread

This bridge should fit -
    http://www.buzzardsbass.com/parts/bridges/econ/oem-dlx-5blk.jpg
    on this page -
    http://www.buzzardsbass.com/parts/bridges/econ.html

As to the sound, well it sounds like you'd expect two passive soapbars to sound

I'll run this till the end of the weekend. On Oct 12th, I am closing the ad and taking the bass to the local shop on consignment...

5. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Gonna be out of town from Friday afternoon till Sunday night, but if you PM I will respond Sunday or Monday Morning. Otherwise it is off to the local shop.

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I'm pulling the ad. Taking it to the shop in 5 minutes. thanks anyway!
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.