1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Traveler TB-4P Bass Brand New $340 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Suatie, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a gift I received from a friend, and I got his blessing to sell it as it is not right for me.

It is the Traveler TB-4P, headless bass, with built in headphone amp so it is great for practicing anywhere quietly, and there is an input for the MP3 player to play along.

Sounds pretty good for such a small light bass.

List is $749, guitar center have them at $520, he bought it on amazon for $395, you can have it here brand new unplayed for $340 shipped CONUS.

From amazon site:

The Traveler Guitar TB-4P Bass is a 32 Inch scale electric travel bass with a built-in headphone amplifier.

Electronics include volume and tone controls and standard 1/4 Inch out as well as a 1/8 Inch aux-in for jamming with your mp3 player.

At just 6 pounds 8 ounces and 35 1/4 Inches long, the TB-4P fits in airline overhead compartments and is the most portable full-featured travel bass on the market.

An Eastern American Hard Maple neck with a Rosewood fret board is bolted onto the Alder body. Other features include a P-51 split coil pickup and 3-ply pick guard .

Deluxe Gig Bag included, I will ship in the original shipping carton, including the truss rod tool.

_DSC1972_zps3920d8d8.

_DSC1974_zpsf9b8d944.

_DSC1978_zps2dead99d.

_DSC1977_zps033da222.

_DSC1973_zps8f53ac17.

_DSC1972_zps3920d8d8.

_DSC1971_zpsb0b85f0e.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That is awesomely weird looking, in a really good way.
    Glwts

3. Thanks for the compliment!!!

It is even more fun tuning it, the hand keeps going to the head but there is nothing there....

4. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    First time I've seen one of these on TB. I've owned one for almost two years. Paid $550 for it. I use it all the time. Take it on airplanes with me - I've played it in my backyard, in parking lots waiting for my kids to get out of appointments - has a 32" scale, so while it looks small, it doesn't feel like a toy. I actually brought it to the Bahamas in Feb. and found myself playing bassist for a boardwalk reggae band - you can plug it into a standard amp with a traditional 1/4" instrument cable - and it sounds good. Got compliments from passers by. This is a nice luxury item to have for practice anywhere you want. You can also plug in an MP3 player and play along. GLWTS.

5. I think you are about to talk me into keeping it.

Somebody grab it quick before I change my mind.

6. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    These are nice travel basses.

7. Travel bump

8. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

what a groovy bass! glwts

9. Sold, thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.