1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Tune Bass Maniac 4-string, $325 shipped!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by junglebike, Dec 6, 2003.

1. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Here's a nice one you don't see every day... Tune's Bass Maniac series was copied by Ibanez to make their soundgear line of basses. Mine's got a P/J configuration, and is purple. I've linked to the mfg's web site and some pics I have of it. These daddies retail for $1000, and they're the easiest playing basses you'll ever find. Light weight and a thin fast neck.

It's a fantastic slap bass, with a modern sound. I have installed a set of EMG active pickups, wired for 18V operation. I re-wired it so the output jack is on the frot of the body. Some playing wear (finish is worn through at the thumb spot by the p-pickup), but good frets and excellent playability. Some chips and dings, but perfect functionally. Very very easy playing bass. Check out the reviews at bgra.net! $325 shipped or best offer. May consider trades, especially for a 2x10 cab or a good J-bass neck, plus or minus cash as necessary.

mfg's site:
    Mfg site

my bass:
    My bass