1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Tune Bass Maniac - natural finish, modded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Planet Boulder, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Okay, so here's a sweet playing, sounding and feeling bass that I refinished last year. It was originally purple (the neck still is, in fact), but I sanded it down and refinished it in natural. It was my first refinish job and, while it isn't perfect (there are some spots here and there, but mostly on the back), I think it's good overall, especially when you consider the grain.

I traded a fretless Tune for this from a TBer a while back and he had modded the pickups and electronics to include US-made, active EMG pickups and preamp, with V/V/T configuration. He moved the jack from the side of the bass to the front, as you can see in the pics, but the hole still remains in the side where the jack was (Not a big deal, IMHO).

I believe this was made in the late 80s and it was made in Japan. The construction is excellent and the hardware is quite nice - it's all Tune hardware that is on par with Gotoh stuff.

The tone? Out of all of the basses I own, this thing has my favorite slap tone. Crystal clear high end that really allows you to produce some incredible slap sounds, especially if you are a double-thumber.

Features a nice rosewood fretboard and a padded gig bag. I'm only selling because I've run out of room and it just doesn't get played enough.

I need to move this, so I'll sell it for $250.00 shipped to the lower 48 states only, please. Here are some pics, and I can get more.

PM me if interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Here's a pic of the knobs and of the output jack hole on the side PRIOR to re-finishing
    [​IMG]

3. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    amazingly pretty wood you found under there, nice bass.

4. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    On hold...

5. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    SOLD! :D

6. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    DAMN IT. I didn't see this thread in time. :bawl: :bawl: