1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS! Tuners, Pickups, Stuff

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TheEmptyCell, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Here's some stuff that I'll never use.

IMGP3003.
    Sorry for the fuzzy pic, it's hard to photograph stuff on a glass desk.

4 Gold Inline tuners, marked Washburn on the back of the casing. Some discoloration, not bad. No screws. $30 shipped

3+2 Chrome Tuners. No marking, from an Ibanez 5-string bass. Some wear, no rust, no screws. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!

MIM Jazz pickups. Some rust on the poles, raised A&D poles. Short neck, long bridge set, a couple inches of wires left on both. No screws. $30 shipped

Jazz pickups that came from an Ibanez GSR205 bass, and one has had the corner sanded down. They appear to be solidly epoxy-filled. Same length. Short wires, no screws. $15 shipped

4 Chrome Inline tuners. SOLD!!!

2+2 Black Tuners. Stewmac brand, no screws. New, never mounted! $40 shipped

"Status" soapbar pickups. These came from a Washburn bass that smelled funny, and was shaped kinda like a Jazz, but with sharper edges. I don't know how they sound, really, or what they're worth on the market, so let's say $50 shipped OBO.

Washburn 4-string Gold bridge. Pretty heavy duty, fits Fender mounting holes. Some of the saddle height screws seem stuck. $20 shipped

Black witch-hat knobs "V" and "T". Old, from one of those 60's goofy-shaped plywood guitars. $5 shipped

White Strat Knobs VTT. $8 shipped
    One amber "Gibson" witchhat, a small ship from the top. $3 shipped
    Brushed nickel screw-tightened knob. $3 shipped

4 gold dome knobs. $12 shipped
    4 gold neck screws. $5 shipped

Feel free to make offers!

2. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

whats the size of the status pups?

3. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    how much for the ducky on the right? Is the status pup a 4 stringer?

4. TheEmptyCell

I'll measure those Status pickups and let you know. They were from a 4-string bass. And the ducky, Carl, is not for sale, sorry!

5. TheEmptyCell

Status branded PU's measure 85mm by 36mm, with 25mm center-to-center bass-side screw holes and 75mm from center of bass side screw hole to center of treble side screw hole.

One pickup has red and black wires, the other has white and black. These were used with an 18v active system AFAIR.

6. TheEmptyCell

Are you telling me that nobody in all of TalkBass will even make an offer for any of these parts?

7. Senator

Senator

Nov 11, 2008
    Closer pic of the "V" & "T" knobs?

8. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    Pm'd on chrome Washburn tuners

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    What about the little ducky? :D

Would the 2x2 black tuners work on a 4 in a row bass?

10. TheEmptyCell

As mentioned previously, the ducky stays. He has expressed no interest in leaving this household.

The 2x2 tuners would 'work', but you'd end up with two of the tuners backwards on the headstock, turning the wrong way. I wouldn't recommend it!

EDIT: requested pictures and other info coming shortly!

11. TheEmptyCell

IMGP3109.

IMGP3110.

The knobs. They came off one of those Global/Teisco/Whatever branded plywood guitars of the 60's.

12. TheEmptyCell

4-inline chrome tuners are sold!

13. TheEmptyCell

Someone wanted better pics of the gold hardware, so here's one! I know the bridge looks wonky and warped in spots, but it's just the lighting.

goldhardware001.

14. TheEmptyCell

The 3+2 chrome tuners are sold pending payment. I just found some more stuff I want to be rid of, so I might just close this thread and make a new one with betters pics and organization!