1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS:Tweed Peavey 400 w/cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by phishaholik, Oct 2, 2008.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Unfortunately, I need to let me Peavey 400 go. I bought this from a dishonest TBer and it needed a little work. I took it to the best repair shop in the DC Metro area. They replaced some of the power tubes and capacitors and it cost me around $220. It works fantastic now and there are no issues at all. It probably only has a couple of hours on it since it was serviced. I used to use this through my NV610 and it was as loud as the voice of god. It's in very good conditon with a couple of dings in the tweed and a small cigarette burn. The cabinet also had a couple of issues. I would say the speakers need to be replaced or reconed. It works, but there is some distortion. Consider the cab a free bonus for this price. They just look so cool together.

Price: $600 Local pickup or meetup in NoVa

You won't find a better setup for the price.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Holy Crap what a deal! Um.... trades????

3. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Sorry, I can't take trades right now.

Mike

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    sick deal.

5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Of course. This'll be a great deal for someone. It's a gorgeous rig, and more sensible than the 810 I've seen up fs on here.

6. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks man. I really need to move this. My best friends well being depends on it. It's a fantastic amp and cab for the price. The cab works too. Two of the speakers have pushed in dust covers and one has been reconed.

Mike

7. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    PM SENT !

8. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    damn thats HOT!

9. Fat_Kong

Fat_Kong

Oct 7, 2008
    Is this a good cabinet? I'm looking for a good cab cause my guitarists just upgraded. I play in a death metal band. I'm mostly concerned with loudness and how low the cab can go, so far all the songs I play are in drop C. This cab looks really really cool and would go great with my vintage fender jazz. Yay fashion! anyway, I live in Georgia so I dunno if I could get a ride to VA, but I saw this add for the same model (810 version) on craigslist and wanted to know the specs/ how much its worth. This thread thingy came up on google so I made an account. Can anyone enlighten me a little? I've been looking at eden and ampeg stuff mostly,but my guitarist got a 5150 from peavey and it kicks ass. Plus 600 is a good deal for a good 410, if its good.

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    ''Wish I were local" to you bump...

11. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    As far as loudness goes, I don't believe there is anything that is louder than a Peavey 400. I've never had it up past 3 and everything in my house was shaking. I don't know how low the cab can go. I don't have the specs as this is a somewhat rare cab, but I don't think you need to worry about it. I use a 4x10 with my band and we do almost everything in drop Db.

Mike

12. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    bump

13. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    This deal is just plain stupid crazy, even without the cab. If you were anywhere near me it'd be gone, and I'm effing broke.

14. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    werd

15. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Like, ever.

16. Abington

Abington

Dec 25, 2007
    Where is NoVa?

17. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    virginia
    long ways from MO
    missouri...bummer;)

18. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!! Or at least it will be w/ in the next couple days :hyper: