FS (UK) - 2004 Marleaux Straight II bolt-on 5 string

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Ari, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm selling my Marleaux Straight II bolt-on 5.

Bought new from Marleaux in 2004.
    Mint condition (apart from a barely noticeable bump on the side - which does not affect the finish)

Maple body
    Maple bolt-on neck
    24 fret Pau Ferro fingerboard
    34" scale
    Marleaux (Häussel) pickups & Marleaux 3-band preamp

Some soundclips with Marleaux stainless steel strings and the EQ set flat, recorded directly into the soundcard:

Fingerstyle soundclip

Slap soundclip

Price £900 GBP - gigbag included.

For sale in Central London. Would prefer to sell locally.

Thanks for looking! :bassist:
  2. I love how that bass looks - and the slap especially sounds amazing. I've been gassing for a Marleaux ever since I first saw one. Too bad I just made a big purchase and don't have the cash for it :(

Hope your bass goes to a good home :bassist:
  3. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    A few more pics:

4. I just lsitened to the sound clip, and it's exactly the same as a sound clip someone sent me of a warwick thumb bass......... so is the slap clip......... Ari, did you once have a Warwick thumb 5 string bolt on?
  5. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    The clips above were recorded by me on the Marleaux there is no doubt about that. ;)

However I made a blind test a while ago on talkbass with the same pattern played on different basses, I had a '95 thumb B.O. at the time. If you do a search on talkbass you should find the thread. However I changed the MEC stuff in my thumb so the sound was different than a stock thumb...

If you click on my signature you should find pics of the warwick too.
  6. Ahh right. It sounds very nice. Totally different sound to the thumb.
  7. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Pm sent Ari,

Just thought I would pop in and say how brilliant these basses are. I have myself a consat #490 and it is above anything else in its class I have tried, in my opinion. Extremely good value, too.

Cheers, good luck with the sale.
  8. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Thanks Chris.

It's a shame Marleaux is not well-known yet, because their basses are as good as it gets! This bass was featured in the Marleaux booth at the 2004 Musikmesse and plays and sounds incredible. It easily compares against more expensive instruments IMHO.
  9. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    That's real nice - good price too. I hate the three letter minimum on searches, all I ever want to find is the classifieds with 'UK' in the name!
  10. SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
  11. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Thanks for your offer. I have checked your webpage and the bass you are offering seems very nice, but unfortunately I am looking for a straight sale at this point.
  12. golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    damn, I wish I had that kind of money and lived near London haha. Nice looking, and sounding bass, Im suprised it hasnt sold quicker!
  13. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Price drop: £900

FIY I bought it for £1300 directly from Marleaux a few months ago, and the bass is in mint condition! My loss is your gain! ;)
  14. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Oh God, if I was only in the UK.... :(
  15. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'm not in the UK and don't have the cash, but I'm just curious does that one have the programmable EQ? That seems like the greatest bass innovation ever, and I guess they've been doing it for years...
    free bump
  16. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Thanks for your comments.

This one does not have the programmable EQ, but a 3 band preamp.
  17. Ari

Dec 6, 2001