Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS (UK) : Nordstrand SC 6

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Ari, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm selling my Nordstrand SC 6.

Specifications:

Excellent condition

Australian Redgum top
    Chambered Alder body
    Maple neck
    Pau Ferro fingerboard
    35" scale
    Nordstrand pickups & Demeter 3-band preamp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price £1,750 GBP - gigbag included.

For sale in Central London. Would prefer to sell locally.

Thanks for looking! :bassist:

2. That's such a beautiful bass. One of my all time favorite Nordstrands.

3. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    pics updated

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I miss this bass for sure. If I had the money I'd buy it back in an instant. Just for anyone interested, the top is 5A Australian beeswing figured gumwood.

5. mind if i ask why? i notice nordies are always being sold (and theres not that many of them!)

6. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    If you click on the link in my signature you'll find all the basses I bought and sold in the past. I have sold Sadowsky, MTD, Sukop, Benavente, F Bass, etc.

That doesn't mean they weren't good basses! It's a matter of personal preference. And I like change too! :cool:

7. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    That is a beautiful looking instrument.

Could you tell us what the weight is?

EDIT: And, are you interested in trades, by any chance? :hyper:

thanks,
    Hallgeir

8. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I don't know about the exact weight but it's not that heavy for its size - it has a chambered body.

However I'm not really interested in trades at this moment, I would prefer to sell the bass.

9. Just a quick comment - I played this last night and it's awesome - really light for it's size - and the action / playabilty is stunning - even with 6 string and 28 frets! :smug: The only negative is that the neck pickup is right on the end of the fretboard - hence no room for popping - if you're into slap like me - so it's really a fingerstyle only bass - but saying that it's stunning. The other consideration is that there's a bit of neck dive but I still give it 9 out of 10 for build, sound and playability - it looks as good as it plays.

10. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    *GAS* Oh dude, I wish this was in the US!! :bawl:

11. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    "The other consideration is that there's a bit of neck dive "

That bass left my shop with no strap buttons as the owner was a sit down player. Horace added the buttons later and it looks to me in the pic that the upper one may be too far away from the neck for proper balance. If that button was moved a lot closer to the neck it should balance much better. The neck dive might not go away completely, but it would probably help.

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I have been having a craving for an extended range bass ( 6 or more) and if i had the means right now, i'd snatch that bass up in a sec- it is an awesome bass!

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If I had the dough I'd be sure to beat ya to it! ;)

I'm the original owner and I can tell you that sitting down I never noticed any neck dive to speak of.

Who ever pics this one up is going to be a very lucky individual. Truthfully, in the end I got rid of it because I realized that there was a place for slap and pop in my bag. It certainly wasn't made with that style in mind. I will say that you will never find a better built bass. You will also not find a more helpfull builder out there when it comes to customer service and satisfaction. I'm very appreciative of Carey's patience with me while we were trying different pickups in that bass. Musicians are very peculiar people as you can tell by all of the instruments that you see get traded around here. This one is particularly a special instrument though.

14. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Carey, where is Yucaipa?

15. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Thanks for the kind words Andy. It's hard to believe that your bass was one of the first I built and made my own pickups for. It seems like it was only yesterday, but it was almost 2 years ago. For what it's worth, it's got a brand new set of my dual coils in it now. Right Ari?

Bassho,
    I'm about halfway from LA to Palm Springs off the 10 freeway, near San Bernardino. Where's Elk Grove?

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It does have the duals in it now. Ari has been keeping me up to date with what he's been doing with the bass. I'm waiting for some sound clips of the bass from him.

I know that I'll have you build a bass for me again Carey. I'm just trying to chill out on the bass thing and appreciate what I've got for now. I've been rediculous with basses in the past. The only problem now will be the long wait it takes to get a Nordstrand! I'm really glad to see it that way for you though.

17. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Damn! Elk Grove is up near Sacramento and San Fran :(

18. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    OMG!!!!!!!!! (reaches for the Malox) ......... Now I have a serious gas problem! ;)

That is one beautiful bass. Why oh why couldn't it be on this side of the pond? :crying:

Bump for a pretty bass ...

19. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Thank you all for your comments.

Yes, I purchased a new set of pickups from Carey and JP was kind enough to install them. He also did a complete setup and the bass plays wonderfully.

I currently need to raise some funds and can't really justify to keep a 6-stringer for the type of music I am playing, so I have to let her go. Hope she will go to a good home! :bassist: