1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS (UK): Paul Bryant Gofriller model double bass.

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by douglas81, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. douglas81

douglas81

Sep 24, 2006
    Poland
    Hi there,

I am selling my Paul Bryant bass. It's his Gofriller copy. I bought this in late 2006 direct from Paul. It has very nice finely geared tuning machines, which I paid a bit extra for over the stock model.

It has received around £800 worth of improvements over the past couple of years - undertaken by one of the UK's top luthiers. It has a nice new high quality larger bridge (the one Paul fitted was, apparently, too small for the instrument!), rather lovely looking ebony adjusters, the finger board has been smoothed out, the nut adjusted, the machines correctly adjusted and refitted, sound post adjusted and other minor modifications and adjustments - all for the better.

I would suggest it is sounding and playing much better than it was when I got it from Paul -- much improved and refined.

In terms of a sale price, given the work I have had done and the improved sound, reliability and playability, I have been advised that I should be looking for somewhere around the same price I paid for it new (£5,500). So, looking for something around the £5000 mark.

It has a few of the usual scuffs and bumps on the edges, but nothing at all serious. The worst bit cosmetically is on the back where I accidentally scratched up against it with my belt for a full gig (see last picture for detail). It was serviced earlier this month and I'm pleased to report it is playing very well with no unwanted buzzes or rattles.

Any questions, please get in touch. If you would like to try it out, I'm in Glasgow - please PM me to arrange a meeting.

Thanks,

Douglas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. douglas81

douglas81

Sep 24, 2006
    Poland
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    There has been some talk about the quality of Paul Bryant's finishes, but this looks absolutely beautiful.

4. douglas81

douglas81

Sep 24, 2006
    Poland
    Yes, it has actually started to age rather nicely.

5. douglas81

douglas81

Sep 24, 2006
    Poland
    A lot of interest in this bass, but no firm offers yet. If you are in the market for a bass around this price, I urge you to consider this Paul Bryant offering - it's really great value!

6. douglas81

douglas81

Sep 24, 2006
    Poland
    This bass is in a bit of a difficult middle-ground - too expensive for a beginner and too cheap for an old pro. But, if you are in the market for anything up to £8000 I urge you to at least consider this bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.