1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Unfinished/ Loaded, Fenderbird Project Body... $200.00

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by JMac- Wiskerface Designs, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    FS: Unfinished/ Loaded, Fenderbird Project Body: I started this sometime back, and lost motivation to finish it. About all that is left to be done is to be finished and painted. Parts that are included:Modified Epiphone thunderbird body, Pickguard, EMG 35 HZ pickups, Custom aluminum pickup trim rings, Warwick bridge assembly, Complete wiring (CTS 500K pots & .047 orange drop cap) Asking $200.00 for the whole thing, shipped US/ lower 48, Paypal.

thunderbirdbassparts001.jpg

thunderbirdbassparts003.jpg

thunderbirdbassparts004.jpg

2. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Looks to me like all you'd need is a neck..is the silverburst photoshopped? Or a sub-par job?

3. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The silverburst finish is what came on it from Epiphone, all I did was fill the bridge holes with an epoxy and route for the neck pocket, bridge, and pickups. My plan was to remove the factory epi silverburst finish and paint it 65 mustang blue, but now I am feeling ready to move on to something else.

4. 4stringrob

4stringrob Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Troy, MI
    By calling it a Fenderbird project, are you saying that the neck pocket is already sized to accept a fender or fender replacement neck? Thanks,

5. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes it is! The neck that is on it in the photo, is an allparts jazz bass neck.

6. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Deal in the works!

7. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Okay, After holding this for 6 months for the original buyer to come through on the payment, I am putting this back up. This thing has been sitting in a box ready to ship, since the deal was made, but I kept getting the run around from the Guy.

FWIW, I am going to drop the price to $150.00 and throw in a set of black tuners to go with it, as I've become thoroughly frustrated with the whole deal and I am ready for this thing to move on.

8. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    WOW! You waited 6 months for payment! You are just too kind! Bless you!

This is a great looking Fenderbird project bass! $150 for loaded body + tuners is a "give-away".

9. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Yea, I guess that I am. I offered the guy a awesome deal on it, and He was supposed to be mailing Me a money order for the payment (as He didn't have a paypal account). I had talked with Him on a few occasions, and He had expressed that He still wanted it but had fallen into some issues to where He was gonna have to "hold off for a few weeks". I let it slide, and gave the Guy a more than a fair amount of time to come through, but nothing happened. Funny thing regarding this, as the Guy dropped Me a message on facebook a while back like nothing had happened, LMFAO. I guess, He just forgot about it :rolleyes:.

At this point, I'm ready to let this thing go and move on. I would think, that one would have a hard time finding a project like this, for this cheap.

10. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    pm'd

11. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    PM replied!

12. JMac- Wiskerface Designs