1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Unfinished swamp ash Precision / P-bass body for project

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Jan 24, 2012.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    So I just bought this clearance P-body on EBay from B. Hefner. Appears to be a '72 re-issue, so a standard "P" pickguard won't work but a 50s of 70s reissue pickguard should.

B. Hefner P-Bass body

Unfortunately I meant to order a standard "P" body so this needs to go (I need to EBay more carefully.) Pat Wilkins has it right now. He said it needs to be sanded before it can be finished, so he hasn't done anything yet. I'll have him ship it to whoever buys it.

B. Hefner is licensed by Fender so this should fit any Fender/Warmoth/Allparts/USACG neck. I haven't seen it, though, because even though I paid for it, I had it shipped right to Pat. One nice feature is that it is routed for a string-through-body bridge.

I paid $114.41 after shipping for this body. I'll let it go for $85 shipped in the lower 48. As good a deal as you'll find on a bare ash (ha!) USA-made body...

OR - if you want Pat to re-finish it for you, you could just pay me for the body and work out the price of the finish work with him. Check out what he can do at www.wilkinsguitars.com.

2. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    That routing looks a lot like a 60th Anniversary P body I recently got. In that instance, a standard P pickguard did NOT cover the control cavity. (Does this have a hole in the side for the output jack?)

It should work for '51 cosmetics (i.e. amoeba pickguard, Tele metal control plate). I opted for a Warmoth "72 Tele" pickguard, which does cover the control cavity and looks pimp-a-licious! :D

GLWTS! :bassist:

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I wish I had the $$

4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Hmm I think you're right. It looks like what Warmoth would call a '72 body. While cool, it's definitely not what I wanted - I need to learn to EBay more carefully. I just wanted a standard P-bass.

Let's do $85 shipped and get it sold - I'm losing a lot here but it's my own fault.

5. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    I'm really interested. If this is still here next week, I'll let you know for sure

6. Ship to Canada?

7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I think I'm gonna keep this one domestic because it'd be Wilkins shipping it - not me, and I don't want to inconvenience him. Fedex/UPS to Canada is expensive, so it'd have to be USPS, but he said the post offices are so crowded in Southern California that you can be in line for hours on any given day and he avoids them altogether.

8. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    PM'd

9. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sold.