1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - Unloaded ACME B4.......$50........Northern Illinois pick up only!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by g4string, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I am moving to Vegas in a month and do not feel like hauling this cross country. I thought about fixing the cab, but that's too much work for me at this point with the impending move. The last time I used this cab was a with a band that had no volume control and played waaaayyyy too loud. I tried to keep up, but in the end I creased three cones. Here is a good read for nostalgia's stake - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540237.

I have been meaning to replace the drivers. But as you can understand, this is a low priority for me since I have other cabs, only use micro heads now, and am moving. I am pretty sure one or two of the speakers are OK. However, I was just going to replace all 4. My thought process was that if 2-3 of the speakers are creased/damaged, the other 1-2 have got to be close....might as well start fresh!!! Andy charges $75 per speaker.....so it will run you $300 to replace the drivers (you need to send him the old ones for the $75 price...and yes, I still have old speakers).

Aside from the drivers, the cab is in good shape and comes with the padded tuki cover Andy sells. I am looking to get $50 for the cab (plus cover and the 4 core speakers). At this price; I am not willing to ship the cab, deliver the cab, or negotiate on the price. If you want it, you need to come and pick it up. I am willing to meet you in 25 mile radius from Rockford, IL 61111.

One more thing....the cab is/was 4ohms.

2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    If u ever change your mind about shipping "G" Let me know.

3. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I can ship, but the most I am willing to do is drop it off at the UPS Store to let them pack/ship. I am assuming to have them pack/ship will be around $100. If you are cool with that, lemme know....

4. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    One of the best TBer's around.

5. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Rapisme,

Hey man, thanks for the kind words.....got your PM's;) You're right man, you might need some :help: No worries, god bless.....

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Ooh, I am interested. I have some other stuff I am trying to sell off, and I might be able to pick this up. I'm not far away!

7. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Sierra's
    I am giggin 2 B-2's and felt fortunate to get them used for 300 or so ea. If you do the math this is a good deal. Great bottom end and the mid and tweet help. If you are blues/ classic rock and don't want to level a whole block of buildings and render their occupants deaf, you would score on this deal.

8. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I'd second the motion.

9. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Thanks for the kind words.......and if you ever want/need to sell that LEJ I sold you, you know who to talk to first;)

Bump for the cab.....

10. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Excellent cab and a good seller. Bump.

11. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    bump

12. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS
    I can't believe this hasn't gone yet! If you want to drop it off in Boulder on your way to Vegas, let me know! Hell, I'd go up and meet you in Cheyenne!

13. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Were picking up the in-laws in Iowa first....then taking we're taking I80 from across from Iowa to SLC - then down to Vegas.....so it would have to be Cheyenne if something like this did go down......I will keep you posted.

14. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Sold and closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.