1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: UPGRADED FENDER P IN CANDY APPLE RED - $500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dee-man, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Howdy, TB. I'm re-posting this because I couldn't make all the changes I wanted to the original post.

Got too many basses and the wife is getting on my case, so I gotta sell some gear. Here's a great condition and playing P bass. It's a 2008 MIM with a maple neck and fretboard. Extremely comfortable neck. Nut width is 1 5/8". Weighs only 8.5 lbs.

I got this here on TB after the bass received some very useful upgrades and setup from a fellow TBer:

1. Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounder Pups
    2. High mass ABM bridge
    3. CTS pots
    4. Barrel cap
    5. Full Copper shielding w/ common point ground
    6. Full set up and fret dress
    7. D'Addario Nickels
    8. Comes with 2 pick guards, factory pups
    9. Really Nice Reunion Blues Gig bag

Here's his original link: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-ft-08-fender-p-car-maple-**super-fat**-752414/

Since I got it, I got the groovy psychedelic pickguard (over $60). Currently strung with Thomastik roundwounds (power bass or superalloy, not sure which). This bass rocks!!! Here's a link to current pics:

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums...322/Ampeg V4B/Mesa MPulse 600/Fender MIM CAR/

Asking $450 shipped CONUS. That may seem a bit high for a MIM, but it's less than I've got into it and the bass really plays great after all the upgrades. Paypal okay but let's talk. Comes with Reunion gig bag, original white and black pickguards and a non-original chrome pickup cover. Sorry, not interested in any trades at this time.

Thanks for looking, DM

2. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Sun bump.

3. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Tues bump. Price drop.

4. Hey Dee-man. Neither link shows any pics of the bass you are trying to sell. Just FYI. Good luck with your sale and free bump!!

5. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Camardelle. I'll fix the link to photobucket tonight. The pics in the TB link don't show up anymore. :-(

6. No problem bud. Get that link fixed, the guitar is gorgeous and deserves to be seen.

7. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, dude. Yes, it's a beauty. Link to pics should be working now. Thanks again, DM

8. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thursday bump.

9. patplaysbass

patplaysbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 7, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Soon-to-be-ex Musician's Friend/Guitar Center Employee
    Looks killer! If I had the extra scratch I'd be all over that.

10. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, dude. Looks AND sounds great. Make an offer. Worst I can say is no.

11. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Will close when funds received. Thanks again TB, as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.