FS: Upgraded Lakland 55-94 Deluxe Natural

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by netefx, Jul 11, 2005.

1. One of the finest quilted natural maple Lakland made in the USA. In perfect shape, with original case. Excellent and versatle tone from Bartolini pickups and NTB preamp. Has middle tone control. Active or passive. Sings best with Fodera strings (included).

Upgraded to incorporate Buzz Feiten tuning system. Has official sticker. Upgraded plug to using Neutrik locking connector. Upgraded with volt meter to indicate battery voltage. Perfectly silent when in use and no power draw when not connected. (My own idea.) Asking $1750 including upgrades. Thanks.

See pictures at http://www.netefx.com/Lakland

... Mark

Email: msl@NetEFX.com
    Cell: 916.220.2685 (leave message if not answered)
  2. I gotta tell you that the battery volt meter is way too cool! You should sell those!
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That thing is awesome! I'd pick it up if I could.
  4. sagryf1

Oct 23, 2004
  5. Hmm. Didn't see it. Please try again, or email msl@NetEFX.com. Thanks!.

6. Cory

May 16, 2004
    Bump for a really NICE bass!
  7. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I'd love to know how you made that voltmeter for the battery... that would really come in handy. I'd totally buy one from you if you sold them.
  8. First, the bass is sold. Thanks, it wasn't too painful. ;-)

Second, I'll dig up that stuff on the voltmeter and see what I can do.

... Mark
  9. sagryf1

Oct 23, 2004
    Netefx thanks for selling me your Lakie 55-94. It was exactly as you had stated. The maple quilting is actually dazzling in person. The Buzz Feiten tuners were very easy to tune with. The B string was, like you said, awesome. The bass was in absolutely mint condition. Overall am very pleased with the transaction.
  10. sagryf1:

I really appreciate you make the deal work. You were wonderful to work with. Hope you really enjoy the bass. If you ever want to sell it, there were quite a few who were interested.

I looked around for some info on how all the controls were laid out but didn't find anything. I did see something once from Lakland. Perhaps you could contact them and I'm sure Dan or someone could help. All the best.

... Mark
  11. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Alternatively, you can make a short cable that can be used with any cheap battery operated VOM (like $10 from Sears). Just get a stereo plug, insert it, and measure the voltage from the sleeve to the ring. Works great, you don't have to mod the bass, and you don't have to worry about damaging an LCD and going through the hassles and expense of a repair.