1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: US G&L L2K - light, #8 neck, K switching

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Y'all,

Time to get serious with the simplification (I'm in the simplification phase of my "cycle"). This is an absolutely wonderful bass but I'm wanting to narrow down my small collection to something smaller and more focused.

This is a great L2K I got from bdgotoh, the original owner. Nice and light at 8.6lbs with a #8 (1.5" nut width, 12" radius) satin neck with rosewood board. The finish is the older, discontinued metallic gold which looks very nice (what G&L finish doesn't ;)). One very nice touch is it has factory K switching which adds single coil to the series/parallel option switch (it's 3-way series/single coil/parallel instead of the usual 2-way series/parallel).

It's in excellent condition and will ship in a molded G&L case with COA.

$950/offer, paypal OK

possible trades:
    [DEL]- US SB2 or SB1[/DEL]
    - Tribute SB2
    - Reverend Rumblefish 4

SB2s or SB1s need 1.5" nut width neck, satin neck, 9lbs or less. Let me know what you've got and what you are thinking deal-wise.

If you wanted to trade me a Sterling HH/HS or SLO Stingray HH/HS straight up I probably couldn't say no

Attached Files:

2. craigb

tweaked the trades based on latest acquisition

3. craigb

There's another bass out there I want to make an offer on . . . $895 shipped?

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Oooooooooooooooooooh noooooo............ want want want!! Hahah.......maan! I can't justify TWO L2000s!

5. craigb

amateur :D

1 for rounds
    1 for flats
    1 per alternate tuning (drop-D, DGCF, BEAD, . . .)
    maple vs. rosewood
    alder vs. ash
    . . .

I may be unclear on the distinction between justification and rationalization, but I'm happier that way ;)

6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Heh heh. Quick question Craig - what's the difference between the "K" switch on your L2000 versus the "middle" switch on the old L2000s (like mine)?

7. craigb

Older (and standard) L2K switching is a 2-way switch that lets you pick series or parallel. K switching puts a 3-way switch in the same place that lets you pick series, single-coil, or parallel. I believe they use a slightly different version of the pickup to do K switching (an extra ground wire) and use the outer coils. It's a no-cost factory option these days.

I like single-coil mode and find it a useful addition. To me it's a clearer, more traditional Fender-ey tone(s).

So it's really not the exact same bass as a non-K switched L2K . . . :D

8. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange

Aug 19, 2009
    Southeast Wisconsin
    Payment has been sent! This baby is coming to the Dairy State!

9. craigb

And another one bites the dust - or at least gets sent to a new home

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Doh! I mean *sigh of relief*
    Now I don't have to try to sell mine ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.