1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: US Lakland Joe Osborn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by interp, Apr 26, 2009.

1. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Selling my US Joe Osborn. This instrument comes ridiculously close to nailing the feel, sound and vibe of pre-CBS Jazz basses; however, I just bought a 1962 Jazz so this one's got to go.

SOLD!

Here is the pertinent info:

Three-tone sunburst nitro finish
    Quarter-sawn maple neck with rosewood board
    Lindy Fralin single coil pickups
    Concentric knobs, v/t/v/t.
    Presently strung with TI Jazz flats (will include two sets of D'Addario roundwounds if desired)
    Excellent condition, very light finish scratches on upper bout near the pickguard and some barely visible signs of light buckle rash on the back.
    Has original pickup cover; it's not shown in the photos.
    Built in 2007.
    Comes with Lakland cream-colored hard shell case in superb condition.

This bass has absolutely no issues; it plays and sounds like a dream. $1800 includes shipping/insurance to the lower 48. This is NOT an "OBO" sale; if I can't sell it for this price I'm keeping it.

PM me with any questions or for more photos.

Attached Files:

2. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Mexico, USA
    weight?

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Any trades considered?

RS

4. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    when was this refinished? I've never heard of Lakland doing a nitro finish. Cool

5. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    In response to the questions:

Weight is 8.7 lbs on my digital scale
    The only trade I'd be interested in is for a Bergantino IP112

Regarding the nitro finish: I may be mistaken about this. I have a Warmoth Jazz copy done in a sunburst nitro and it looks and feels just like this one. In any case, the Joe Osborn has whatever finish Lakland puts on it in Chicago.

Sorry for any confusion over the nitro issue.

Thanks for looking!

6. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Bump.

7. R3ality

R3ality

Mar 26, 2008
    Stillwater, MN
    Gorgeous... looks just like mine, but I keep the chrome pickup cover on. :)

Free bump for a fantastic bass.

8. willseaborn

willseaborn

Apr 28, 2009
    Hamilton, ON
    Hi Interp,

I'm really interested, if you are willing to ship to Canada. I've been looking for the right opportunity to pick up a US JO.

Thanks for your time

Will

9. gearhunter420

gearhunter420 Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Qualicum Beach, BC
    Not sure the rest of Canada likes to admit that Hamilton is part of Canada. You should buy this bass. Before I do.

10. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    It's now $1750 shipped in the lower 48.

11. Bump for the Garmisch connection (one of my favorite spots in Deutschland!) and for a terrific bass. I just bought one of these instruments, and I LOVE it. FWIW, I think you're asking a very fair price, and here's wishing you the best with the sale.

I too am curious about the finish on your bass, if you don't mind elaborating. Mine has some finish drops, and when I inquired I was told it does have a poly finish. Anyway, strictly a tangent. Good luck again!

12. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Finish drops..? What's a finish drop? On a US Lakland..?

I can't help but think posting some clearer and more comprehensive pictures will help this listing .

13. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    As I am not the original owner, and there are no signs of a refin, I assume this bass has whatever finish Lakland puts on it. The Lakland website doesn't provide specific information on this that I could find.

In any case, the finish is in beautiful condition, aside from the very slight scratches/buckle rash noted earlier. There are no "finish drops."

More pics attached, and more to come later.

Attached Files:

14. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    There's a ghost of a camera in that bass! Send it to me to exorcise before you even think of selling it. :bag:

Free bump

15. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Where will this bass ship from

16. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    From an APO address in Germany. It stays within the US Postal system and goes by Priority Mail, insured for full value. Average shipping time to most locations in the lower 48 is 3-5 business days.