1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: USA G&L L2000 (L2K) Trans Green Swamp Ash $695 shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by j.kernodle, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Here's a strikingly good looking L2000 in a color you won't see every day. The Trans Green over Swamp Ash is an extra cost premier custom color in the current G&L lineup. Has a beautifully colored slab rosewood board.

This is a mid 90's 3 bolt with microtilt adjustment neck. All chrome bridge. Electronics function just fine. The bass has a couple of minor nicks and bumps, the most significant of which is a ding thru the paint on the lower edge.

Comes with a gig bag, will be packed well. One of the chrome knobs is different than the other two.

Its currently set up with medium action (just over 3/32's at the 12th fret and plays comfortably, the neck is good, but it could stand a fret level and crown at some point if you want to go lower than that, so I've priced accordingly. Its by no means uncomfortable, but you guys that like to set the strings 2/32's off the board will need to keep that in mind.... :p)

Bass weighs about 9.75-10ish, typical of an ash L2K of this vintage. Nut width is p bass width. Not the #8 j-neck.

Pics say a thousand words, so here's about 20,000 words worth!! The lighter color on the forearm contour that you see in some pics is just an effect of the figuring in the ash and the angle of the flash on my camera. The body really shimmers under lights.

DSC_0139-1.
    DSC_0140.
    DSC_0141.
    DSC_0143.
    DSC_0144.
    DSC_0146.
    DSC_0148.
    DSC_0149-1.
    DSC_0150-1.
    DSC_0152-2.
    DSC_0153.
    DSC_0155.
    DSC_0156.

2. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    This is a steal

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Daaaaaaaang.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Somebody give me the money to buy this? Please?!??

5. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'll cut you a discount deal if you want to drive down to charleston and buy in person. ;)

6. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    this is going to will Kelly. thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.