1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS USA Peavey Millennium near mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dogbass, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbass

dogbass Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    So as much as I hate to part with this, its not getting much playing time and is too nice a bass to sit. It is a beautiful candy-apple red finish, J/J pickup configuration. This is one of the nicest solid finishes I've seen. Much nicer than the pix. I'm looking to get $360 shipped conus. The specs:

- 35" scale
    - Pao Ferro fretboard
    - 18v Cirrus preamp, J/J pickup configuration
    - Vol/PU Blend controls
    - 3 band EQ with adjustable mid frequency (stacked pot)
    - graphite-reinforced rock maple neck
    - Graphtech Tusq nut (1.5" at nut)
    - lightweight alder body (just under 9lb)
    - Quadrajust bridge

The neck feel is super smooth and the action is low w/o buzz making this a highly playable instrument, IMO. There is some very light surface scratching in the p/u area from play, too light for pix. Comes with molded HSC.

IMG_2295.

IMG_2297. IMG_2299.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    USA or Korean?

3. dogbass

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    This is a USA Millennium.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Man these are killer basses. Someone pick this up before I have to file divorce papers. :(

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    That's a steal. These basses are great. They were close to $1,000 new when they first came out I think.

6. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Some were more, a music store near me has a Millenium plus with a painted finish listed at 1540.00 NOS!
    I love my Millenium 5 string.

7. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

1) Can you compare the sound of this bass against a Cirrus? How is it different?

2) Do you take PayPal?

PM also sent

8. dogbass

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    PM replied; Paypal is fine....even preferred.

As for comparing the Cirrus and Millennium, I'll give it a shot based on my recollection of my walnut Cirrus: Both basses set flat, I would say the Cirrus was a bit more pronounced in the upper mid range, and definitely capable of a more hi-fi or "modern" sound, if you will, then the Millennium. The sustain on that thing was incredible. I find the Millennium is naturally a throatier, perhaps fuller, sound set flat. It can get growly, not so much as some of the retro J's out there, but more so than the Cirrus. I found the Millennium to be more versatile in a rock and blues setting, which is why I ultimately got rid of my Cirrus.

Anyone else care to compare ?

9. dogbass

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    This one is heading to So Cal !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.