1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: USACG Fretted 5-string Jazz Neck, loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Jeremy Allen, May 24, 2011.

1. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    This is a truly OUTSTANDING neck, coming off of an Arizona Bass Company parts bass. It was new when I bought the bass in December; here is the information from the original ad:

USA Custom Guitars 5 string Maple/Maple neck 34" scale (ultra slim .800 at 1st fret with graphite reinforced rods)...Brand new Genuine Fender 1 7/8" nut...Brand new open gear tuners...Neck has been finished in Oil/Poly blend on the back and Poly on the headstock and fretboard. Blocks are not real pearloid. They are stick on, however under the poly finish, you cannot tell. You wouldn't know if I didn't tell you.

It is an excellent neck, easily competing with those I've played on Sadowskys and other high end basses. I'm just turning the bass into a fretless, that's all. BTW, the headstock logos are stickers and you can remove them if you like.

$200 shipped, loaded, CONUS

HPIM5394. HPIM5397. HPIM5391. HPIM5390. HPIM5396.

2. MikeyB5

MikeyB5

Jan 21, 2008
    Chicago
    What is the heel width?

3. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    Hi Jeremy, hope the bass has served you well. Mikey B. the neck was built to fit a standard MIM Fender 5 string Jazz body. So it should be right around 71mm at the heal or 2 25/32", but I would wait for Jeremy to verify that. As I remember the neck fit the body very well and was a "sleeve" fit. BTW, the frets are 6105's and are much smaller than standard "medium Jumbo" 6150's.

Tommy at USA Custom Guitars builds great necks. This one is no exception.

Good luck with the sale Jeremy. If I had another 5 string body to put it on, I'd buy it back.

4. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Oh, I love the bass. The neck in particular. I would prefer to keep it and have both necks for this bass, but my wife appreciates it when I at least TRY to sell one thing to pay for another...

Heel width is indeed 2 25/32" (fits fender fivers with the 4-bolt design) and my apologies for the tardy reply; it's been nonstop tornadoes and power outages around here!

5. ooglay

ooglay

Jan 27, 2006
    PM sent