1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - Valenti #61 J5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Commreman, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    This really kills me to do this.

Due to my recent surgery for tendinitis, I will be off of 5 string basses for the foreseeable future. As a result, my five strings will be gathering dust. They are way too nice to sit unplayed, so here we go!

First up for sale is what is a very unique Valenti, and for you collectors, this one has a bunch of "firsts" attached to it. The thread detailing how this bass was completed (with additional pics) is here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455834&highlight=Valenti/Callowhill

Here is the completed bass:

HPIM7086.

This bass was one of the few basses completed in tandem with Tim Cloonan of Callowhill Guitars, and also has had the neck re trued and re fretted by none other than Roger Sadowsky. This one passed through some of the best hands in the business on its' journey to me!

In terms of "firsts", to my knowledge this is the only 5 string Valenti built with a nut width of 1.75". This is also the first spalted maple top ever done on a Valenti.

The overall specs for this bass are as follows:

34" 5 string J bass
    Swamp Ash Body
    Spalted Maple Top
    Natural Gloss finish on body
    Maple neck with Ebony Fretboard
    Satin finish on neck
    1 3/4" at nut
    No face dots, Side dots only
    Weight - Just over 9 pounds
    Nordstrand Dual Coil pickups
    3 way mini switch for Series/Single Coil/Parallel switching
    Aguilar OBP-2 preamp
    Black Hardware
    Hipshot UltraLite tuning gears (Clover Leaf keys)
    Hipshot A style Bridge (19mm spacing)
    Diamond Control Layout
    Pop out battery compartment
    Contoured neck heel
    Deeper cutaway for easier access to the 21st fret

This bass has exceptional balance, and is an absolute dream to play live. The ebony fretboard is to die for. There is an absolutely staggering array of tones available from the electronics here. What I wanted was a bass that could cover just about anything that was thrown my way, and I got that.

This bass will ship in the TKL Zero case that came with it (a rectangulary shaped hard sided gig bag), and, because the strings that are on it have been played to death, I will also include a brand new set of Sadowsky Black Label Steels, .45-.130T.

$1,600.00 shipped. Certified Check or MO only. Lower 48 only, please. Let's get this one to a good home!

2. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

PM sent.

3. Commreman

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    All PM's answered!

4. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    PM sent....

5. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

E-mail sent.

LeonD

6. Commreman

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    This bass is sold! Thanks, Fleabass. Play this one in good health. I will miss her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.