1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Valenti #66 - Olympic White PJ5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Poon, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    HPIM7119.

SOLD

Specs:
    Valenti #66
    Ash Body (Very Light)
    Rosewood Board
    Aguilar OBP-3
    Nordstrand NP5 and NJ5S Pickups
    Two Pickguards Included for Traditional P and Reverse P Config.
    TKL Light Case - Like the Sadowsky Lite Cases.

Circumstance on Selling:
    As some of you may know from my For Sale: Sadowsky Modern M5-24 thread, circumstances have gotten a bit tough for me. My sister passed away a few weeks ago. In addition to being a wonderful older sister and one of my best friends, she was also my roomate in Pasadena. Although losing a sibling has been incredibly hard for me, the financial burden is something I'm beginning to realize as well. The burial, memorial, travel costs to get back to northern California have been taxing; to say the least on my finances and my families. Since I was living with my sister, I lost my roomate, so I'm going to have to be paying a substantial increase in my rent.

Comments on the Bass:
    Nino's work just keeps getting better and better. I was fortunate enough to own #15 back in the day and the same comments apply, but none of the drawbacks. Nino's construction and attention to Detail are amazing. There are so many options with the bass both tonally and construction wise. You can get a genuine P tone, a great Burpy J Bridge Pickup Tone. Just an all around great sounding and playing bass. This bass is pretty light too. I'd estimate it's in the high 8lb range.

History on the Bass:
    This bass was originally designed for TB'er Pickles. However he never ended up even getting it and this was an in stock Valenti. Nick Bruce Fitbass3p, ended up buying it in Mid May and sold it to me a few weeks later. During transport to me, it was damaged. The damage is limited to a small ball point sized hole in the body which pierced the paint into the body wood (see pictures below). I bought it and received it Mid June. Since then, it's recorded one song which will be on the upcoming record by my band Impel. It's been played a total of about 5 times in my bedroom.

HPIM7121. HPIM7122. HPIM7104.

2. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I am very sorry for the loss of your sister. If I was able to gather funds, I would love to help you out. Best of luck in selling this bass and I know one of our fellow low end brothers will be able to swing some cash your way.

That bass is gorgeous by the way.

Peace,
    Chris

3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    is it a 34'?

4. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Swamp Ash Body
    Olympic White Finish
    Maple neck w/Pau Ferro Fretboard
    1 7/8" @ nut
    34" Scale
    12" Radius
    Graphite Reinforced neck
    Nordstrand NPJ5SE PJ pickups
    P is able to be in traditional P layout and Reverse P layout
    Aguilar OBP-3, 3 Band Preamp
    2 Tortoise Pickguards
    Chrome Hardware
    Hipshot B Style Bridge
    19mm String Spacing
    Hipshot UltraLite Tuners
    Schaller StrapLocks
    Hardshell case

5. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    IMG_0555.

Pictures of the knick
    ValentiDamage4.
    ValentiDamage2.

6. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    I'm verry sorry

good luck with the sale!

7. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your sister man...I can't remember if I met her or not, maybe at The Vibe?

I'm back in NorCal and if you're ever back up here, let me know. I'll buy you a couple of drinks.

Bump for a great guy and a fantastic bass.

8. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Josh.

Long time, no talk. I think you might have met her at the Vibe or maybe even at the Cave. You're up in Dublin now too? That's right next to my parents place. Anyway, I hope you're doing well bud. Thanks for the bump.

Thanks you too. I really appreciate the sympathy and support I've been getting.

9. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    ON HOLD

10. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.