1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS : Variax 705 for 200 dollars

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Theonestarchild, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    This variax 705 for 200 bucks is fully functional, but the finish is a little banged up. Killer guitar though.

2. Theonestarchild

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    That was fast. Sold. Possibly the fastest in talkbass history. :-\

3. Wow, no kidding. A GREAT deal like that doesn't usually last too long.

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    wait... the time stamp from both your posts read 5:25... did they sell in the same minute or am i seeing things?

5. Theonestarchild

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I posted it, got an aim like 12 seconds later, and it was gone. No joke. Perhaps I should have asked more.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wow, $200, dont those sell for like $1000?

7. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Oh man. I wish I jumped on that.

Well I hope the Flash enjoys it (or whoever bought it)

8. yes...about 1400 new...whoever got it got a great deal :)

9. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    yea that's why i opened the thread. i normally see them at GC upwards of $1k and i was like wow... $200...

10. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    wow! I know I'd sell mine for that much if I robbed the electronics out of it first! hmmmmmm.....

11. yeah, 200 is very inexpensive...is it stolen? ;) :)

12. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    If the only problem is with the finish, that is a spectacular deal!

I've never played one, but I'd be tempted to buy it sight unseen for that price if the seller is honest. It could be flipped for a pretty good profit.

13. That's what I first assumed when I saw this thread.

14. Theonestarchild

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    It's clean. I got it at my local music store from the owner for free. My band buys alot of stuff there. I played it for a bit and didn't feel it. I couldn't give it away for a huge profit, so I figured 200 shipped would ease my conscience. The person who got it was a 15 year old bass player who is absolutely sick (if it's his demo I heard), but has been playing some sort of bass he got in a starter pack because he couldn't afford anything else. Figured the music gods will hit me back at some point.

15. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    wow man....

16. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i wish i got stuff for free...

17. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I don't think it would be a horrible thing sell it for a profit, but I'm glad you gave it to a player that really could use it.

Heh, find that thread titled "My little Rant" about the little kiddie complaining that no one gives away good gear to young players. :D

18. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    you get a free variax yet still haven't picked up bass cabs? That free 705 might have been the gods smiling on you, and funding your stack!

19. i'm in NC. just of curiousity what shop did you get this from? i need to pay them a "visit":cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.