1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Veillette Singlecut 5 String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thomasjbass, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veillette 5 String Single Cut
    Serial 223
    Built in 2003
    Asking price: $1350

• Weight: 9lbs
    • Body: Alder
    • Scale Length: 35" scale
    • Neck: Maple
    • Fretboard: Wenge
    • Color: Deep Red
    • Pickups: Bartolini Soapbar
    • Electronics: Bartolini NTBT-918 (specs)
    • Modern Case Company Veillette gig bag included
    • Bridge: Wenge
    • Signs of wear: There is a groove line above the B string from where the previous owner slapped or rested their thumb.

Veillette Website for Bass

Eye Candy:

IMG_2490-1.

IMG_2491.

IMG_2492.

IMG_2494.

IMG_2496-1-1.

IMG_2497.

IMG_2498.

IMG_2500-1.

IMG_2501.

Signs of Wear:

IMG_2493.

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Love it. If I hadn't just bought a Sterling, we'd be wrapping this up now! Unusual bridge. Can you describe how it works ?

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Appears to have floating saddles....height adjustment on the front of each (visible under the string) and a locking hex screw seen on the treble side of the bridge body. IIRC, the entire bridge assembly actually slides backwards and can be removed once the strings have been removed. Fits in some sort of dovetail joint, I guess.

Riis

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Piezo as well ? Oh god but I didn't need to hear that... How is the piezo balanced with the mag pickups ? My Godin's have made me a real poezo fan...

5. Man, this is a fantastic price for a unique and wonderful instrument. Don't see many Veillettes for sale. I love their style! :bassist:

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    You and me both Greg. anyone want a Sterling Classic in Seafoam & maple ?

7. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Please confirm if it has a piezo pickup... not clear on that.
    I had a chance to play the 4-string version of these some years ago. I was VERY impressed!!!
    If it weren't for the 35" scale I'd be all over it, price is a steal IMHO.

8. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars, Veillette Guitars
    Figured I should chime in here...just for the record, this bass does not have piezo pickups.
    Also, the body is not alder, but poplar - which is our standard for solidbody instruments, mostly because it sounds great!

The bridge is a custom wenge/brass unit which dovetails into the body. The saddles are solid brass, laying inside a chunk of wenge - this bridge sounds great but was very time-consuming to make, and we ended up moving to something else.

The electronics are a pair of Bartolini dual-coils, with the Bartolini 3-band EQ. This is one of very few basses that shipped from Veillette with the Barts installed, and I remember it quite fondly. Compared to our standard Citrons, the Barts have a smoother, rounder response, whereas the Citrons have more "bark" and presence.

IMO, this is a really nice deal on this bass - a new Singlecut would be close to 4K.

Someone will really enjoy it!
    Cheers,
    Martin

9. Martin - thank you so much for responding. I was about to tear the bass down to determine and for those interested I apologize for the inaccuracies in the description. I made the mistake of using the description I was given by the previous owner.

For those whom are wondering, Martin is the guy in the video I posted. So he is a much better resource than I am of the specifics of this bass and for that I apologize. I am working on sound clips now for this bass :)

10. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars, Veillette Guitars
    Thomas,

Glad to help. On that note - anyone curious about other details regarding this bass can feel free to PM me about it.
    I'll be happy to tell you whatever I can, although Thomas covered most of it already.

Best wishes,
    Martin

11. Bump.

12. Bump.

13. Bump.

14. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    why is this still here bump

15. This one might be headed overseas...

16. Back on the open market :)

17. This bass is sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.