1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Villex Passive Rotary Tone Booster (PRBT)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    A nice way to get some great tones without "going active." This baby replaces your tone pot. I never ended up using it (another abandoned project, you know how it goes) so I can't say I have personal experience using one. But there are tons of threads on Talkbass, and probably elsewhere on the web, singing the praises of this little knob.

Here's a link to the Villex PRBT on the Villex website

I'd keep it for another bass, but my laptop melted down last night and I need to repair it. Just in case my warranty doesn't cover it, I'm unloading some extra gear.

One of these babies will cost you almost $100 brand new. I paid $96 after shipping and that was a steal.

I'll let it go for $77 shipped (lower 48).

2. vehement

vehement

Jul 11, 2008
    Burlingame, CA
    Do you know of this pot shaft can mount through the body, or is it only long enough for pick guard mounting?

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Well, I had at least one person tell me it worked for him through the body, without a pickguard. But that was not my experience. With my Warmoth J - the original intended bass for the Villex - the body was too thick. I didn't want to attempt to sand it and ruin an otherwise flawless brand new Warmoth body. So then I decided I could put it on my Ibanez Roadstar. But now I'm selling my Ibanez Roadstar, and I never got around to installing it, so...

To err on the side of caution I would limit this to basses with front control cavities/pickguards... unless you don't mind sanding or otherwise "thinning out" your body wood.

4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump.

5. vehement

vehement

Jul 11, 2008
    Burlingame, CA
    Thanks for the response. Could you measure the pot shaft and threaded area, then I can try calipering the mounting hole I wanted to put this into.

6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    REALLY hard to measure with the limited tools I have but appears to be about 0.8125 inches (13/16") or 2.06375 cm.
    It might be 7/8" and I just couldn't tell...?

7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    TGIFriday Bump!

8. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sold.